Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

eating snow

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

eating snow Empty
PostSubject: eating snow   eating snow Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jan 2010, 11:48 pm

My female boxer is eating snow and as soon as she gets back in she throws up. I'm getting frustrated, this is happening every single time she's let out and she's only out for a matter of minutes. Our dog run is off the garage, it's concrete so there is nothing in there for her to eat other than snow. She throws up in the garage before coming in, that's how fast it hits her. Any advice or knowledge of what the heck is wrong with her?
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

eating snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating snow   eating snow Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jan 2010, 12:50 am

hmmmmm I don't know why snow might make them throw up..

Maybe it is too cold...

Honestly.. or they have a head rush.. or brain freeze..

I really dont know

when my dogs eat horse shit ( which for some reason is caviar (SP) to them.. they will often puke horse shit... Ya that is not so nice..
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

eating snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating snow   eating snow Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jan 2010, 2:57 am

I've never had that happen with my dog, she doesn't eat snow. But I know when a dog drinks a lot of water and is very active soon after, it will cause them to throw up. Your Boxer could be eating a lot of snow, the equivalent to drinking a lot of water, and with Boxers tending to be a very high energy breed, this could be what's causing her to throw up. I would be careful as this breed is prone to bloat, and if she's eating a lot of snow, and very active right after, there's always that chance. Better to be safe than sorry.

When in the house does she drink a lot of water?
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

eating snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating snow   eating snow Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jan 2010, 12:44 pm

Is the dog run close to fumes from the garage? I have no other ideas.
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

eating snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating snow   eating snow Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 8:13 pm

Since I posted this I've been going outside with them she hasn't eaten the snow since and therefore has not thrown up since. I wanted to see where she was eating it from but with me out there they just do their business, have the case of the zoomies and then look at me like "ok, we want to go in now!" :lol:

So my guess would be that it's too cold and she's eating to much of it but really I don't know why snow would do this to her. She doesn't drink excessively when she's inside and I don't let them drink TOO much because then they have the diarhea! :roll:

Thanks for the replies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

eating snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: eating snow   eating snow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

eating snow
Page 1 of 1