Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   Wed 06 Jan 2010, 9:08 pm

Over the Christmas holidays I forgot to go to the townhall to get my dog's 2010 dog tags. Today during my lunch, I drove 25 minutes to the townhall to get it taken care of and one thing off my list. When I got there, the regular person who handles the dog tags and registration was most likely on her lunch but there was a backup person to help me out. I handed that administrator the application and she happened to notice that I scratched out a lot of the information they pre-filled out on the application and sent to me.

Administrator: "You don't have an English Bulldog"

Me: "Never owned one. The last two years that I've been registering my dog she's always been a Rottweiler"

Administrator: "Oh, that is strange."

Me: Thinking to myself - oh brother, I applied for a job here and didn't even get called in for an interview for some stinking administrator position. Even I know the difference between an English Bulldog and a Rottweiler. Yes, I was bitter for at least not getting called in for a stinking interview. But the way the position was advertised, a friend was telling me they probably already had a family member in mind to hire. Just legalities that they had to post the job posting.

Administrator: "Rottweilers are nice dogs, they look like Pitbulls and get a bad rap. A person really has to know their dog breeds in order to tell the difference."

Me: :roll: thinking to myself - No, the two breeds are very easy to tell apart. But instead I just smiled at her thanked her for her helped and high tailed it back to work since my lunch is only for an hour and quite a drive back to work.

Yeah, still bitter that I could have had any one of those jobs, paid attention to detail, and been making better money than I am now with a pension and better benefits.

Also still wondering where the $15 for these dog tag licenses goes to. Not that it's a lot of money, but would still like to know.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   Thu 07 Jan 2010, 1:05 am

lol

Would that money go to bring down animal control prices . I do remember reading on kijiji. I believe Cat lady was going into what the fees were put towards. Not too sure though.

They should have a one time fee. Instead of 15 dollars. But then again they wouldn't make as much coin off that avenue.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   Thu 07 Jan 2010, 1:41 am

That error would piss me off also. So glad we don't have to license and I think you should have gotten the job!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   Thu 07 Jan 2010, 1:43 am

IDK .. It might go to the animal control portion of the fees. The city animal control also goes out to the county. I was thinking it might go to the dog pound to cover some of their fees.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   Thu 07 Jan 2010, 11:45 am

ARg.... thanks for reminding me I have to go get that stupid tag.

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   Thu 07 Jan 2010, 3:22 pm

kbullet wrote:

+1...I knew there was something I knew I had to get done before Jan. 31, 2010 expires! Thx for the reminder!

BTW...maybe the money would be wisely spent sending some city administrators for a Dog Breed 101 class. Sorry you didn't get that job BBE...but really, working with someone like would just make you want to stick a pencil in your eye daily.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   Thu 07 Jan 2010, 9:12 pm

K-Flash wrote:
kbullet wrote:

+1...I knew there was something I knew I had to get done before Jan. 31, 2010 expires! Thx for the reminder!

BTW...maybe the money would be wisely spent sending some city administrators for a Dog Breed 101 class. Sorry you didn't get that job BBE...but really, working with someone like would just make you want to stick a pencil in your eye daily.

I have that type of job now. The townhall one paid a little more, so it would have been worth the aggravation of working with odd co-workers. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog   

Back to top Go down

My Rottweiler is no longer an English Bulldog
Page 1 of 1