Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 3:14 am

LMAo.. So I think I will use this instead of blogging it.. These are my rants and random thoughts.. Please feel free to offer any tips. or even laugh at my expense..

So today is Day 2 or actually 52 hours without a cigerette.

It is really interesting... when you quit something that you so enjoy.that you count down the mins and hours since you have had one.

Now, the first 24 hours were easy.. I cleaned.. baked.. cooked.. cleaned.. shoveled.. I don't think I sat down.. had lists apon lists...

started getting really really bitchy.. even more so at 2 am when hubby wanted a little loving and I told him I would shove his manhood somewhere and he could love himself. He said hmm not a good time eh?

Day 2 which was today.......

OH my gosh.. had a cup of cofee and I swear.. i couldve of gone postal..... My cats could look at me funny and I was mad. So decided to wear the patch. Ya sure.. I swear the patch gives you like 30 mins to 2 hours of release ( crap I feel like I am talking sex).. After that.. back to craving..

if you are not craving a cigerette.. You are jammng your mouth full of food. If you are not eating everything in site. You are chewing so much gum.. that your jaw hurts Like hell. ( hubby says.. well i can make your jaw hurt- arg typical man.. and I can bite something too)

So i decided today.. everytime I craved.. I would work out, Toss bales.. jump on the treadmill. ( maybe that is why I was irked at the treadmill thread on kijiji) Yup didn't work... I worked .. ran.. still craved that damn cigerette.

So After yelling at my patient hubby on his bday went to boston pizza and bought thrive the gum... feeling a little better..

Now I am wondering.. is it possible to get addicted to gum...........

But day 2 is now complete......

Tell me when this is going to get better.. I must win this bet.. LMAO but either I am going to gain 100 pounds.. or I am going to need a straight jacket.

Edit-- I forgot to add.. the most important part.. Just so you all understand what we are dealing with.. LMAO

hubby has stayed away from me for 2 days.. he is outside working in brisk temps.. thinking of different projects to do.. cause he rather face the freezing temps then me.

in his words.. he can't get his boots off without me nattering at him. which is funny.. I am perfectly fine around the kids.. when he steps foot in the house.. I tend to get those really hard cravings for nicotine.. something to ponder.. hmmm.. he is the cause of my addiction.. Hmmmmmmm he he HE HE HE HE HE HE HE
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 1:54 pm

Good Luck! Can't even imagine.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jan 2010, 2:45 pm

If he stopped telling you sexual things when you are cranky, he'd probably have a better shot of getting in the house without you ripping his head off. Men never learn.

Good luck...
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 1:04 am

Yeah................... Day 3........

Well today was alot better.. I didn't feel like going postal as much as I usually would like to go. However, the morning coffee is still really hard. But I do find the gum is working rather well.

Hubby made himself scarce once again. I kind of wonger.. am I really that big of bitch. It is amazing the control cigerettes have over your life. Today was a little easier. But it was managable with the gum. I just don't want to be addicted to the gum............

Ate like so much chocolate. Which is rather strange. I am not usually a chocolate eater. But I did get the wii fit plus... so working out more then normally.

But I had my moments.. more so with the duck that was going to get plucked and cooked for supper.. LOL

The only bad thing.. I am starting to cough up some pretty nasty stuff... arggggg.. but looking at the nasty stuff keeps me motivated. last time, I don't think i had any of these withdraws and I wait a few weeks. Maybe it has something to do with.. This time I want to quit.. last time I was not too sure........
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 2:36 am

Good job Mini !! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 11:19 pm

Oh My gosh

Day 4 and I swear 10 pounds later.. I am with the thought I can drop the weight after I climb this mountain.. BUt this is getting crazy already

DAY 4

I look at the old cigerette can... and the butts are looking good.... How pathetic is that...

So today, am actually very proud of myself... ( pat on the back)

So I Had the mentorship program at the school, picked my son up from preschool... and the usuall old birds doing their small town thing.. argg... so i was getting frustrated

went to Tempo.. went inside with all the plans of buying smokes. Yup I was going to fail.. I didn't want to put weight on. I wanted to taste that cigerette. Feel that first drag in my mouth.. knowing it will all be better after I put it in my mouth. I even said I will just have just one.. Just one and toss the pack out. ( pretty expensive cigerette)

My little tyler was in the store with me.. he said mommy you aren't buying cigerettes are you. I looked at him... and said no.. so I bought a bottle of water and walked out....

Arggggg... went home and put some gum in my mouth and ate some chocolate....

when does this end. I know that people still get the odd cravings.. but today wasn't a very good day... But I am still smoke free
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 12:11 am

I think I hit a milestone................

Today it has been exactly 8 days since I had a puff, a drag.. a anything..

It has also got alot easier. Surprising............

But I have been so busy.. to even think about things. I have been re arranging furniture.. cleaning.. cleaning... working the animals.. And getting prepared to take round 2 of my courses.

However,,, I didn't have to take one piece of nicorette gum.. or the patch today

I have graduated to breath mints.

The one bonus for quitting smoking is......... My hubby kisses me a lot more. He says I don't smell like an ashtray anymore..

He is an ex smoker.. and I promise I will not be like him.. to any of my smoker friends. Cause he has driven me mad about this smoking thing.

So lets see how this week goes...........
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 4:31 am

Mini that is totally awesome!! I'm so happy for you. I bet you already notice a difference in taste, smell and energy.

Keep it up girl !!
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 11:44 am

It has been what 16 days.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I haven't even picked up a cigerette.. AND yes it gets easier....

I am finding that my patience with some things is slowly coming back. I am finding that I have more energy then I normally did. It is a weird feeling cause normally my smoke times were so scheduled. It is amazing how things in your life revolve around a cigerette.

my next step is to have a drink and not a cigerette.. LMAO

ANyone on here who is trying to quit smoking
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010, 4:27 pm

I just now read this thread. Weird I have not seen it before.

I have never tried to quit smoking Mini. The last few months I have said that one day I will. I never would have said that before. I know I will. I have to do it when it's right for me and I am in my groove. If that makes sense. I have been a smoker for many, many years so it will be hard, but I'll cold turkey it I think when I do. Haven't thought too much about "how" yet.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you I am proud of you. Impressed when anyone can quit a huge addiction like smoking.

Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_cheers Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2010, 11:41 am

JJ wrote:
I just now read this thread. Weird I have not seen it before.

I have never tried to quit smoking Mini. The last few months I have said that one day I will. I never would have said that before. I know I will. I have to do it when it's right for me and I am in my groove. If that makes sense. I have been a smoker for many, many years so it will be hard, but I'll cold turkey it I think when I do. Haven't thought too much about "how" yet.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you I am proud of you. Impressed when anyone can quit a huge addiction like smoking.

Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_cheers Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_cheers

honestly I have tried lots of times. THIs time I was ready..

So I think it makes it easier........ BUt it was hard. I still struggle because it is hard.. going into town... Because you can stop off at your " SMOKE" store and just pick up a pack.. for just that one cig.. But as we all know. one turns into a lot... LMAo

BUt in all honesty it is getting alot easier.. I don't want to kill everyone and anything in my path.. LMAO

I smoked for over 15 years.. and towards the end.. or the las 5 moths. I was over a pack a day.. arggggggggggggggggggg...
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2010, 4:25 pm

Working nights this week.. LOL

So I am still not smoking... HA HA.. I dont even count the days anymore...

So it was tough.. but not as tough in my mind, I thought it was..

So phase one of a healthier me transition is complete.

I am in phase 2 and this phase is killing me.. LMAO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 9:11 am

Way to go Mini cheers

I think I smoked 2 cigs. while reading your blog and felt guilty Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts   Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minis quitting smoking thread- Random loony thoughts
Page 1 of 1