Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

electronics and teens

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
yorkiemom

electronics and teens Empty
PostSubject: electronics and teens   electronics and teens Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 12:01 pm

Is it just me that has the idea that a parent should moniter their children on their mobile devices?

My kids tell me I am overprotective and invading their privacy,in return I tell them that as long as they live under my roof they have no privacy when it comes to cellphones and internet
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: electronics and teens   electronics and teens Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 2:39 pm

Junior has an ipod that she uses to chat with friends. She put a password on it, and I won't even ask for it. To me, that is like her diary and none of my business. The pc is different. There are all kinds of things that could get ugly on there, so I do monitor much of what she does. For the most part, she knows what she can and cant do.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: electronics and teens   electronics and teens Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 3:11 pm

really? what kind of ipod does she have,mine have access to the net and all the crap they have on there. twitter,snap chat,FB,and on and on it goes
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: electronics and teens   electronics and teens Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 3:43 pm

Just a regular 8gig ipod. I know she can go online and everything, she just uses it mainly to chat with her friends. The ipod doesn't concern me at the moment. She has her own pc now, but I can see what she's doing.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: electronics and teens   electronics and teens Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 4:27 pm

This is a good question and I think that any sort of electronic device used by teens needs to be monitored accordingly or not allowed. My niece is 14 and lives with my Momma who is totally electronic anything illiterate and I worry about how and what my niece does while online. She is a naive girl and I am seriously afraid of her and the fact that she can not be monitored accordingly. A friend of the family went and bought her an i-pod and they don't understand why my Momma wasn't very happy about it. She now has access to online which CAN NOT be monitored and she can text and do whatever when she finds wi-fi and God knows this girl is always on the look out for wi-fi. She goes to Tim Hortons to hang out and tells my Mom that there is no internet there which we all know if a crock of shit.

I don't agree with kids having these kind of devices when they can not be monitored and this is a prime reason why. I just know there is going to be sexting issues in the near future or other inappropriate things.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: electronics and teens   electronics and teens Icon_minitimeThu 02 May 2013, 4:49 pm

I agree one hundred percent,mine have them but I monitor they are not allowed to have passwords on them to keep me out,I also follow them on twitter and anywhere else they go,they know mama may be watching and maybe not. They are never sure which helps keep it in check
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: electronics and teens   electronics and teens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

electronics and teens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: