Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is sad ... Neighbour's house just caught on fire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

This is sad ... Neighbour's house just caught on fire Empty
PostSubject: This is sad ... Neighbour's house just caught on fire   This is sad ... Neighbour's house just caught on fire Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 3:44 pm

Not far from where I live, a couple roads over is a mobile home park. A few minutes ago, I heard the firetrucks with their sirens turned on racing down the road. I called a neighbour to see what was going on. Apparently one of the mobile homes caught fire, the owner isn't home so doesn't know at the moment, but both of their cats just burned in the fire. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is sad ... Neighbour's house just caught on fire   This is sad ... Neighbour's house just caught on fire Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 5:02 pm

Oh my...what an aweful scenario. Worse, when the owner isn't home, and the cats perished. Mobile homes have been known to be like match boxes...high fire hazards. We had a house fire 2 years ago, and I hope to never live through anything that traumatic again. It started in teh chimney, and fortunately my hubby was quick thinking enough to run out and get the fire extinguisher, but it caused some fire damage, and tons of smoke damage. We got 2 dogs, and my step-son out and waited for the fire trucks. Took close to a year to move back in.

I always find myself preaching to people about keeping their house insurance policies up-to-date, know what your contents is, check your smoke detectors every 6 months, and have a plan if such and unfortunate thing is to happen.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This is sad ... Neighbour's house just caught on fire   This is sad ... Neighbour's house just caught on fire Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 6:01 pm

K-Flash wrote:
Oh my...what an aweful scenario. Worse, when the owner isn't home, and the cats perished. Mobile homes have been known to be like match boxes...high fire hazards. We had a house fire 2 years ago, and I hope to never live through anything that traumatic again. It started in teh chimney, and fortunately my hubby was quick thinking enough to run out and get the fire extinguisher, but it caused some fire damage, and tons of smoke damage. We got 2 dogs, and my step-son out and waited for the fire trucks. Took close to a year to move back in.

I always find myself preaching to people about keeping their house insurance policies up-to-date, know what your contents is, check your smoke detectors every 6 months, and have a plan if such and unfortunate thing is to happen.

It is sad.. and I agree 100 percent.. Have back up plans.. Know your insurance policies. Everything.. cause you never know what can happen.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is sad ... Neighbour's house just caught on fire   This is sad ... Neighbour's house just caught on fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is sad ... Neighbour's house just caught on fire
Page 1 of 1