Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pet vaccinations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Pet vaccinations Empty
PostSubject: Pet vaccinations   Pet vaccinations Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 2:36 pm

Do you get annual vaccinations for your pets? I Dislike annual vaccins, most cause more harm than anything but which ones are important and which ones can they do without. Heck if it wasn't for school my kids wouldn't get half the vaccins they got.

http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/dog-vaccination-schedule.html

Last edited by Mousey on Mon 20 Aug 2012, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add link)
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Pet vaccinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet vaccinations   Pet vaccinations Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 11:21 pm

I only do the rabies (my vet doesn't do the 3 year one unfortunately) and distemper.
Back to top Go down
Libelle
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Libelle

Pet vaccinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet vaccinations   Pet vaccinations Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 12:57 am

We follow Dodd's protocol. NEVER vaccinate annually, I have seen firsthand the damage to the immune system this can cause.

http://www.weim.net/emberweims/Vaccine.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.libellerotts.com

Pet vaccinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet vaccinations   Pet vaccinations Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 7:01 am

I give what the vet recommends for my area and the kennel cough one as required by groomers, rabies every three years. Never had problems.

It's best to vaccinate cats too as the dogs can bring in diseases that they can get. I found this out when my two elderly indoor cats caught something.

As someone with a brother who had polio years ago I also vaccinate kids.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

Pet vaccinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet vaccinations   Pet vaccinations Icon_minitimeTue 02 Oct 2012, 7:05 am

We do rabies for all, and we did Boretella for the Old Gal this year. She has Laryngeal Paralysis so catching kennel cough would most likely kill her. I know it doesn't protect from all the strains, but it's better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pet vaccinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet vaccinations   Pet vaccinations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet vaccinations
Page 1 of 1