Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My 'mini' Christmas village

Go down 
+5
HoodieCrow
pooperscooper
kbullet
Mini
rottnmom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

My 'mini' Christmas village Empty
PostSubject: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 1:32 pm

Where I work now we have a damn ice cream 'dipper', one of those freezers that hold 16 tubs of the shit for scooping. Last Christmas it was used to hold boxes of Coke promo glasses to give out......lovely addition to the decor.

Another employee and I decided we really needed to decorate the store this year. Last years 5 ft tree with it's two sets of lights, stuffed into a dark corner just didn't cut it.

So I took about half of my village in and converted the dipper into a Christmas scene. It sure cut back on what I had for home, but now that we have an electric fireplace taking up the wall I used to set most of it on it worked out well. And the customers love it. I even covered the name over the train station with the name of our Farm Market......got a few chuckles ;)

My 'mini' Christmas village IMG_1821

My 'mini' Christmas village IMG_1789-1

My downsized village .........

My 'mini' Christmas village IMG_1894

My 'mini' Christmas village IMG_1889

I think I have a much fun setting this up as I do getting gifts. :lol:
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 1:45 pm

Oh my goodness..

Both displays are so pretty............................................. I always wanted to collect those pieces.. maybe when the kids and animals are a little older...

What a nice thing you did for the store.. It looks amazing.........

Now.. you can cut it in half again.. lol. and make me a nice christmas scene too.... lol
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 3:19 pm

Holy damn... I thought my mom had a lot..

They are gorgeous! I also have just as much fun setting up for Christmas as I do sitting with family and getting gifts. I don't like the tear down though.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 4:31 pm

Mini wrote:
Oh my goodness..

I always wanted to collect those pieces.. maybe when the kids and animals are a little older...

Now.. you can cut it in half again.. lol. and make me a nice christmas scene too.... lol

Awww don't wait till the kids are older........most of that stuff was picked up at Dollar stores, Zeller's, a few things on ebay and even yardsales. LOVE it when Zeller's puts theirs on sale.......usually before Christmas and then clears it all out afterwards (hubby doesn't though :lol: ) None of it is irreplaceable and the kids would have a great time helping out.

If hubby had his way, he'd have me down to just the top of the cedar chest. Prior years was this 8 ft long one, my curio cabinet AND the cedar chest.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 9:10 pm

WOW...very nice!!! Holy moley where do you and Mini store all of these displays in the off season :?:
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 12:18 am

Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 6:14 am

Very nice !! cheers
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 9:21 pm

Those are really nice set ups.

I have a small set that I put up on time, and one of the darn cats kicked one the porcelain people off the set and broke him. Sad
Back to top Go down
Furface
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Furface

PostSubject: Re: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec 2009, 9:44 pm

Awesome displays
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009, 5:25 pm

Very beautiful Rottn. I love those displays. I gave Izzy a couple of sets, but nowhere near what you have and not nearly as lovely. I love to decorate for the holiday. It brings me much happiness, much more than the gifts or anything else.

Thank you for sharing and also for sharing a part of yourself which brought others happiness!
That to me is what Christmas is all about.

Merry Christmas to you RottnMom!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009, 5:36 pm

JJ wrote:
Very beautiful Rottn. I love those displays. I gave Izzy a couple of sets, but nowhere near what you have and not nearly as lovely. I love to decorate for the holiday. It brings me much happiness, much more than the gifts or anything else.

Thank you for sharing and also for sharing a part of yourself which brought others happiness!
That to me is what Christmas is all about.

Merry Christmas to you RottnMom!!

I agree Christmas should be about love and having fun .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 'mini' Christmas village   My 'mini' Christmas village Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 'mini' Christmas village
Page 1 of 1