Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would you help to stop someone on the highway....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Would you help to stop someone on the highway.... Empty
PostSubject: Would you help to stop someone on the highway....   Would you help to stop someone on the highway.... Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 11:57 am

Hubby and I talk about this subject all the time..

HUbby stops for anyone and anything. Which is great..

But there are some situations I won't stop if I am alone in the vehicle.

If a car is on the side of the road, I won't stop if it is 2 men. I won't stop if it is one men. I have stopped rolled the window down a little. but made sure my door is locked.. Asked if they have a cell phone. I will stop if I have one of my dogs in the truck. One time I made an exception.. I think I posted this.. is last year.. LMAO.. when a truck ran out of gas.. and the young men unloaded their trailer..a nd rode their horse into town.. which was like a mile down the highway. I didn't stop on the way in to town.. but I stopped on the way back. I went home to get our jerry can.. but I brought the dogs back with me.. Cause you never know what kind of people are out there. I know I am tuff.. But not that tough.. LMAO

I will stop for a woman, elderly.. or if their is an accident. I know sexist too.. LMAO.. and not politcally correct.. LMAO

I know it sounds kind of funny.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Would you help to stop someone on the highway....   Would you help to stop someone on the highway.... Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 3:27 pm

I wouldn't stop for a man if it was after dusk... but I would during daylight hours if its just one....

I would stop for the same people you would.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Would you help to stop someone on the highway....   Would you help to stop someone on the highway.... Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 8:21 pm

No, and a lot of times I have my dog in the car with me. The only exception is if it's someone I have known for years, and even then they have to have a pretty clean record. What I mean by that is a friend of the family has an adult son who doesn't drive, he is always hitch hiking. A couple of times, when I was in my early 20's, I would give him a ride feeling sorry for him. Then I stopped and glad that I did, he has had the police called on him for domestic abuse, and he screwed over a guy who is in a gang. He had both his legs broken and when he was healed enough to move around, fled out West to escape this gang. If I had had him in my car now with my kids, we could have been seriously hurt.

Another thing is the scam that is going around. Living close to the Detroit, Michigan border you hear a lot of horror stories of women pretending to be pregnant, standing on the side of the road beside a stolen car which they will say either has a flat tire or some type of car problem. The good samaritan gets out of the car to help only to be ambushed by a group of people, beaten and robbed. This all happened in the day time.

Unfortunately I won't stop for anyone unless I know you really really well. Even if the person is elderly or a pregnant, and even if it is in broad daylight.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Would you help to stop someone on the highway....   Would you help to stop someone on the highway.... Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec 2009, 9:05 pm

I will usually stop and ask if they need help with my doors locked and my window opened a crack. I have a slingshot that shoots solid steel balls in my vehicle, don't laugh a person could take away the slingshot but the "bullets" are with me and they wouldn't know that. On the other hand my husband stops for everyone, he pulls people out the ditches in bad storm nights and one few time much to my chagrin invited a little old lady to stay over night after he rescued her out the ditch. Her truck was loaded with bags of sheep feed in paper bags and groceries so he parked her truck inside in the heated space and brought in her frozen foods to our freezer. We way too often have people run out of gas on the highway in front of the house that empty our jerry cans...never understood the mentality of "oh look the gas guage says empty, lets see how close we can get to the filling station before we run out". Oh Well. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you help to stop someone on the highway....   Would you help to stop someone on the highway.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you help to stop someone on the highway....
Page 1 of 1