Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alternative Beliefs

Go down 
+4
BigBrownEyes29
HoodieCrow
Mini
pooperscooper
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
yorkiemom

Alternative Beliefs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative Beliefs   Alternative Beliefs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 12:55 pm

I am finding this fascinating although I am not posting I am reading and learning a lot,it is really making me curious to learn more
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Beliefs   Alternative Beliefs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 2:59 am

HoodieCrow wrote:
Izzy wrote:
So was your hubby pagan as well ? Or did you convert him ( so to speak ) ?

What about Christmas trees and decorations ? Did the kids wonder why you didn't have any ? What about other kids ? Did they ask your kids ? And what happened when they returned to school after the Christmas break and everyone asked "what did you get for Christmas" ? Just asking all these things to see how I could adjust my ways, and alos be able to explain to my children and grand children. Smile

I'm not pooper, but many xmas decorations (including greenery like the traditional tree) have pagan roots.

...no pun intended.

Does that mean you decorate with some greenery for Christmas ? :|
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Beliefs   Alternative Beliefs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Dec 2009, 4:34 pm

When I figure out how to make this sticky, I'm going to make it a sticky. Very interesting thread.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Beliefs   Alternative Beliefs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jan 2010, 1:17 am

Izzy wrote:

What about Christmas trees and decorations ? Did the kids wonder why you didn't have any ? What about other kids ? Did they ask your kids ? And what happened when they returned to school after the Christmas break and everyone asked "what did you get for Christmas" ? Just asking all these things to see how I could adjust my ways, and alos be able to explain to my children and grand children. Smile

Didn't mean to mislead you Izzy...I was speaking of what "we" do (or rather don't do). My hubby was an athiest and I didn't convert him, he witnessed so many "events" from the very start of our relationship that he made up his own mind based on his experiences. I don't want to speak for him but he has always said I bewitched him from day one.

There are other pagans that choose to do celebrate yule and/or christmas with their friends, there are no rules against doing so. As Hoodie pointed out there are many pagan practices incorporated that have become the norm for all, some just don't realise it. My grandparents didn't celebrate it, my parents didn't either so it wasn't a big deal, what you don't know you don't miss. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Beliefs   Alternative Beliefs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Jan 2010, 7:14 pm

It seems the more I read about it, the more things I find derived from 'witches' ......... interesting Smile

At least there are answers .............. Seems there are no answers for most other religions.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Beliefs   Alternative Beliefs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Jan 2010, 12:29 am

Izzy wrote:
HoodieCrow wrote:
Izzy wrote:

I'm not pooper, but many xmas decorations (including greenery like the traditional tree) have pagan roots.

...no pun intended.

Does that mean you decorate with some greenery for Christmas ? :|

Yes, we have a tree and wreaths. Sometimes evergreen boughs.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Beliefs   Alternative Beliefs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jan 2010, 1:11 am

I am posting this as we just had an occurance that I want to make a note of. Started exactly at 9:08 when a lamp next to my PC made a small hop straight up, nothing big maybe a quarter of an inch and when it landed the lampshade was rocking back and forth. I was speaking to Mike at the time and brought it to his attention that the lamp shade was moving which he saw but he missed the small levitation. At that same moment our internet was lost and me with my Cafe World "cooking project due to be ready"...lol and he with his Poker tournaments promoted him to call our service provider to ask what was up. They had no problems on their end regarding our problem and it was then that I looked at our Motoralla box that provides our service. No body had touched it and it had popped out of the electrical socket and was laying on the floor.

For anyone who is not familiar with the Motorolla, it is a rather large heavy boxy plastic application that obviously plugs into the electrical socket and transmits from our dish on the roof. It has been in the same socket for 3 years and has never popped out on it's own. A few minutes after this Mike entered the kitchen and the light which has 7 light bulbs had two that popped, flashed, and burned out.

Someone we know has passed, likely someone close to us but not sure whom just yet. I will update. Newly dead are so good with anything electronic it's amazing. I am impressed every time. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Beliefs   Alternative Beliefs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 1:16 am

As it turned out there were 2 things that happened that night. Our elderly neighbor of 17 years passed away in Lebanon where he went home to die, but I didn't know that until we were informed on Saturday when a new neighbor who rents from his now widow informed us, the chatty one with the Buckskin x Quarter horse, I mentioned in the Rants thread. Secondly, the other hay customer that morning the one that got stuck informed us that shortly after 9PM one of Mike's best buddies business burned down. Mike was there on Friday having a "safety meeting" while I was away with Julio at an agility meet up "having beers" in the very building that a few hours later looks like this. Coincidence? Smile Smile Smile

Alternative Beliefs - Page 2 PICT0002-7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Beliefs   Alternative Beliefs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative Beliefs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: