Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yorkies Thread

Go down 
+8
Unhingedmom
*~Skittles~*
Boston
Kewl Chick
rottnmom
ivegotfleas1
yorkiemom
Jerseyfivedogs
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 8:52 am

I've heard some scary things about the women's bathroom at the mall KB. To save too much of a visual, let's just say that someone "fingerpainted" after using the facilities. Yorkies Thread - Page 34 1941436395

Anyway, how's today treating everyone?
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 1:33 pm

Good Day Everyone

Don't have to work today YAY
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 1:35 pm

No work for me either! I know I'll get a call tomorrow for the weekend though.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 2:15 pm

damn I have no reason to fortify myself
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 4:43 pm

I got my lamp. Yorkies Thread - Page 34 674383
I wonder what it looks like?
I'll take it out of the box and take pics of my free kijiji score.
I probably should look in strange boxes before I take them home-lol
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 5:06 pm

lamp?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 5:18 pm

Yes, I guess he tried to sell it but nobody seemed to want it.
So, he posted it for free.
The ad said it was one of his mother's favorites and was from the 30's.
I must go look.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 5:54 pm

Hurry up and look so I can see it
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 6:00 pm

I love it.
Excuse the messy room, I've been working and well, I've let the critters go to town in there.

The box containing the lamp that I never looked at-lol

Yorkies Thread - Page 34 P6061180

The first sneak peek.

Yorkies Thread - Page 34 P6061181

So pretty.

Yorkies Thread - Page 34 P6061182

WTH? I still like it but it's different.

Yorkies Thread - Page 34 P6061183

I love the grapes.

Yorkies Thread - Page 34 P6061186

It works.

Yorkies Thread - Page 34 P6061187

Yorkies Thread - Page 34 P6061188

Yorkies Thread - Page 34 P6061189

I love it.
So not suitable for my house as the dogs will "take it out."
I can see why it was one of his mom's favorites.
Maybe I can put it somewhere the dogs won't get it.

Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 6:13 pm

I posted them yorkie.
Where did you go?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 6:21 pm

I was just looking at the pics,um very busy lamp but pretty, I don't want to be the one that has to dust it though lol
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm

OMG Jersey! It's definitely 'busy' but LOVE it!! You should post it on the Antiques Forum I'm on, bet you could find out a lot more about it. Hell it's got me so excited I'm going to do some searching myself to see what I can find out for you.

SWEET SCORE!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 6:29 pm

HOLY SHIT!! You might have just scored a real treasure!!

Just only started and found one that may be part of the same 'family'. French.......the grapes are amethyst!!

Check this out:

http://www.rubylane.com/item/420351-B982/Unusual-French-Crystal-Chandelier
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 6:36 pm

rottnmom wrote:
OMG Jersey! It's definitely 'busy' but LOVE it!! You should post it on the Antiques Forum I'm on, bet you could find out a lot more about it. Hell it's got me so excited I'm going to do some searching myself to see what I can find out for you.

SWEET SCORE!!!!!!

Could I join your antique forum?
If you don't mind.

It is rather busy-lol
But I do like the grapes.

Thanks for your help rott. Smile
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 6:46 pm

Go for it Jers! It's a great forum. I found it just by chance when I picked up a Chinese silk panel a few years ago in Vancouver. The people there are awesome, they only ask that if you can, try help others out in what ever way you can(mine is just by searching to see what I can find.......all voluntary) and just jump in. But jump in anyway.....it's just a lot of sharing of either long earned knowledge, some have stashes of books on particular avenues of antiques or a even (like me) lucky hits on internet searches.

Clear pictures from all angles are the best help. Check every inch for ANY markings. If you need any help (picture posting can be a pain until you figure it out) just let me know. Smile Post it in the Antique Questions section.....there's also a New Members section if you feel like introducing yourself..........a lot don't bother.

http://www.antique-shop.com/forums/index.php

BTW, I'm 'sapphire' Dancing

Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 6:47 pm

Did you check out the link in my other post??
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

rottnmom wrote:
HOLY SHIT!! You might have just scored a real treasure!!

Just only started and found one that may be part of the same 'family'. French.......the grapes are amethyst!!

Check this out:

http://www.rubylane.com/item/420351-B982/Unusual-French-Crystal-Chandelier

I did.

My mom called-sorry.

Wouldn't it be wonderful it was worth something.
We could all go to Kansas.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 7:40 pm

rottnmom wrote:
Go for it Jers! It's a great forum. I found it just by chance when I picked up a Chinese silk panel a few years ago in Vancouver. The people there are awesome, they only ask that if you can, try help others out in what ever way you can(mine is just by searching to see what I can find.......all voluntary) and just jump in. But jump in anyway.....it's just a lot of sharing of either long earned knowledge, some have stashes of books on particular avenues of antiques or a even (like me) lucky hits on internet searches.

Clear pictures from all angles are the best help. Check every inch for ANY markings. If you need any help (picture posting can be a pain until you figure it out) just let me know. Smile Post it in the Antique Questions section.....there's also a New Members section if you feel like introducing yourself..........a lot don't bother.

http://www.antique-shop.com/forums/index.php

BTW, I'm 'sapphire' Dancing

I never thought to look for markings.
It has some green blue goo on it.
That can't be good.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 7:51 pm

I think that is called patina and it is nearly impossible to remove

I bougt a set of wind chimes from a monestary a few years back,they are about 4 feet tall on a base,and they had it,I got some off but not all of it.

I don't know that it affects the value unless it is starting to rust
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 7:53 pm

Post the pics you have and as well as asking for help identifying it (age, maker, country, etc) ask for advice on the best way to clean without damaging. It would be a fun 'restoration' project to follow as well as possibly discovering it's origin and possible worth!!

clap
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 7:59 pm

I felt kinda bad for the guy.
He was upset that nobody wanted it.

I'll join the forum in the morning rott.
I've been working so much I haven't been in my house for any amount of time to accomplish anything.

I can't wait. Yorkies Thread - Page 34 674383
But I want to do the intro first as it's polite.

He was also selling books.
Generations of a collection of books.
I should have looked more.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 8:04 pm

Really?? Wow, there might be some interesting stuff. Not really much money in them, but really cool if you're into them. We have a couple of book collectors on the forum.......one of them focuses solely on 1700's and a bit of early 1800's editions.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 8:08 pm

He had really nice pics of the books.
He wanted to sell them as a lot but was willing to let people pick what they liked.

His email to me about the lamp. (the first one)

Hi, Melissa:
You are the first to reply, so it's yours. It takes up a lot of room and I need to clear a lot of room. Here's the deal. I am really busy with business tomorrow (Thursday) and I have to go to a funeral in Bridgewater on Friday, so late Friday is about the earliest we could connect for you to pick it up. Are you in the Halifax area or if not is it convenient for you to get here late Friday or anytime on the weekend? I am in Bedford (and so is the lamp).
I like that part about giving it a wonderful home. It was my mother's favorite lamp for many years.
Terry

I did feel for him.
Seems like he just had to part with stuff and he seemed a bit over whelmed.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jun 2012, 8:14 pm

I'll be watching for your post. I leave for work at 1:30 but will be around 'here' till then.

To post look over to the right, just under Quick Links........ hit New Topic and jump right in. (for all Forum sections)

To include pictures with your post when you're in the 'window' for typing your message down in the lower left you see Additional Options. Click on that and where it says Attach, click Choose File. Another window will open with your own pictures (at least it should), click on the picture you want and then hit Choose. Each additional photo, just click on (more attachments) ...... it's in red right next to the link to the last photo you uploaded. You can post 3 pics per post. If you want to add more just hit Post with your first post then do a Reply and go through the same process to make another 'post' with just pics. You may have to add a few words, can't remember if it prompts for a 'message' to be entered or not.

You can post in the New Members to introduce yourself then jump to the Antiques Questions Forum to do your lamp. Most member usually only head there or some of the information sections.......Projects, Special Threads/Info and Antique Talk.

See you there Dancing
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jun 2012, 7:32 am

I REFUSE to turn my heat on again!! Still doing double layers until it warms up again. Friggin 8 degrees I HATE you!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yorkies Thread
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next