Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moving out West

Go down 
+3
Jerseyfivedogs
ivegotfleas1
smurry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2012, 11:10 pm

Very Happy WHOOHOOO!!! Hubby and I did it, we went to BC for a week to look into cost of living, cost of insurance, rentals and to look for jobs. one week and we came home with a rental (cheaper then Wpg and with an oceanview), my husband secured 2 jobs, one ft and one pt, I will be asking for a transfer with my job, we went to the school that my son will be attending, it is very nice. Cost of living is the same as Wpg. So off we go.................cannot wait for a fresh start in a new province. Everything fell into place nicely. Very Happy

sorry to brag, just can't help it, so happy!

Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeMon 02 Apr 2012, 4:39 am

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeMon 02 Apr 2012, 7:42 am

That is wonderful news smurry!!
I'm really happy for you.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeMon 02 Apr 2012, 11:58 am

That is great news. Sounds like a move that was meant to be.
Back to top Go down

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeMon 02 Apr 2012, 5:33 pm

Good Luck smurry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeMon 02 Apr 2012, 7:43 pm

Brag away. I'm so happy for you. It sounds like a beautiful place where you're moving to.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 4:38 pm

That's amazing smurry!!! So happy for you! You'll love it out there, I'd move in a heartbeat if I could get the old guy to shift out of his comfy chair.

What part are you heading to?
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 8:13 pm

Thanks Very Happy

We are going to be living in Nanaimo (on the island) We leave in a month :o Can't wait!! Just the other day my car died, we were planning on selling it before we left anyways but would have been nice if it just lasted one more month lol, oh well, luckily I have a very nice co-worker that is going to lend me her vehicle for the month to get to and from work. We are leasing a trailer and moving ourselves so should be an interesting drive out there. We plan on leaving May 5 or 6th. Smile
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 8:41 pm

OMG!! you are soooo going to love it! Congratulations!!!
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2012, 11:06 am

My Brother in law and his wife/kids live in Nanaimo. Good luck on the move!
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2012, 5:22 pm

Mousey wrote:
My Brother in law and his wife/kids live in Nanaimo. Good luck on the move!

Do they love it out there? It is so beautiful, I'm so excited to move, just told my boss today, she's working on having me transferred Smile
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeSat 07 Apr 2012, 11:13 am

My hubby grew up in BC, I loved it every time I visited.
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012, 11:49 am

We made it, safe and sound, pretty much settled in our new place and loving it Smile The kids are doing well, My son had his first day of school this past friday, I start work tomorrow and my hubby starts Tuesday. Everything fell into place nicely. The start of a new adventure, so far I'm loving it!!

Hope everyone is well, take care.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012, 11:53 am

I'm glad you all arrived safely.
Very Happy
Do you like it so far?
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012, 12:01 pm

LOVE IT!! It was a good move for us, we needed a fresh start. Hopefully my parents will retire out here next year, the kids will miss them so very much.
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012, 12:03 pm

Moving out West T84sy1

This was taken from our front doorstep last night.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012, 12:16 pm

That scenery looks so beautiful in that picture. Good to hear that you made out West safely and are settled in. How did your son like his first day of school there?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012, 12:28 pm

Beautiful picture. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012, 12:36 pm

love the scenery...
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012, 12:38 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
That scenery looks so beautiful in that picture. Good to hear that you made out West safely and are settled in. How did your son like his first day of school there?

He did ok, he was smiling when we picked him up so it couldn't have been that bad, he said he was a little scared but overall I think he had a good day. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moving out West Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving out West   Moving out West Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moving out West
Page 1 of 1