Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Empty
PostSubject: Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills   Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2012, 11:07 pm

A 6-year-old girl is recovering in the hospital tonight after being mauled by the family pit-bull.

The attack happened inside the family's home in rochester hills.

According to police, the dog bit the girl's face and leg. She has severe injuries.

The dog had recently been adopted by her family.

Oakland county animal control now has custody of the pit-bull.

The dog will be observed for 10 days to determine if the dog has any diseases. The victim's parents have signed paperwork to have the dog euthanized after the 10 days have ended.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Girl-mauled-by-dog-in-Rochester-Hills/-/1719418/10023300/-/amh9ab/-/index.html
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills   Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2012, 11:19 pm

I saw this on the news a few minutes ago. There was more mentioned on tv, that wasn't mentioned in the article. The little girl was in the house playing hide and seek. She jump out from behind a couch as the dog was walking by and startled the dog. This was when the dog attacked the little girl.

There is so much wrong with this story. Parents who seem to not use common sense allow a newly adopted dog (with an unknown background), unsupervised around their children. This happened in Michigan where underground Pitbull fighting still happens, so who knows what ran through the dog's mind as he was startled. let alone was he used for dog fighting prior to being adopted out. The shelter / rescue who adopted him out should have been more picky with the families they adopt dogs out to, looking for more experienced owners of the breed or educating newly adopted owners. I know the local shelter here will not adopt out an adult Rottweiler to an inexperienced home. I think more shelters and rescues should have this in place to prevent a bad mark on the breed and injuries to people.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills   Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2012, 11:25 pm

what the hell were the parents thinking? thats all
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills   Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Icon_minitimeMon 02 Apr 2012, 6:04 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
what the hell were the parents thinking? thats all

+1000000000000000000000000

ASSHOLES!!
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills   Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2012, 7:20 pm

Did they not know the dogs background? Jeezz they have a bad rap as it is.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills   Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2012, 10:04 pm

I guess today I took the time to feel badly for the little girl. poor lil girl, I hope she has a speedy recovery from her injuries but man I am still really pissed with her idiotic parents. Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills 848408
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills   Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2012, 11:28 pm

Mousey wrote:
Did they not know the dogs background? Jeezz they have a bad rap as it is.... Sad

The news didn't mention anything about the dogs background. A large majority of the Pitbulls in the Detroit, Michigan area are used for underground dog fighting. A lot are abandoned when they don't turn out to be money making fighters. It's really not clear how the shelter got this dog or even why they would adopt it out to what appears to be an inexperienced family of the breed. I blame the shelter equally with the parents and their ignorance for not properly screening the parents.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills   Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 9:48 am

I agree to a degree BBE,however as a parent our first job is to protect our children,that for me is first and foremost. These parents apparently brought home a dog they knew nothing about,then left it alone with a child?

Even my 2 lb yorkie is put away when people are here,other than very close friends,he is 2lbs of German shepard or so he thinks

I cannot even imagine bringing home a dog that already has a reputation and then leaving it alone with my child
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills   Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 4:43 pm

Totally irresponsible on behalf of their child and the dog. The parents should not only have been ensuring the safety of their child in the presence of a dog of unknown character and background (nothing to do with breed) and should also have protected the dog from possibly unfamiliar and unsettling situations for the same reason. Sadly the child has already paid the price but the dog will pay the ultimate one. It should never have happened. Tragic.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills   Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 7:15 pm

Sounds like everyone is at fault except maybe the child. Poor girl will probably be traumatized, such a shame. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills   Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Girl mauled by dog in Rochester Hills
Page 1 of 1