Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Something must of happened last night..................... good dogs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Something must of happened last night..................... good dogs   Sun 20 Dec 2009, 1:45 pm

SO last night.. I left sadie penned as she was slightly limping on her paw. nothing serious or nothing to rush her to the vet.

Gunner was with the goats as usual..

Well this morning. Gunner was in the goat pen... Sadie broke her pens door. They were both sitting at the goat pen entrance. I don't know how to explain. Gunners fur was all matted like he was in a fight. Can't see tracks in the pen.. as my dogs and goats have it all packed down. But what I figure is a coyote got in the pen.. sometime last night... because in order for sadie to bust her door.. She probably had to ram it with her body. It is steal with a huge steel chain. The chain was broke.

All critters were fine besides the fur around gunners neck was ice... probabaly from saliva from the coyote. But usually what happens and I have seen it. One pyr will " attack or chase" the predator.. The other one.. will puff out and stand in the entrance way to the barn. Not letting anything in or out.

I must of been tired last night. I checked on everyone around 130 am. and then feeding this morning. Didn't hear anything last night. I usually do... But since Drake is in the house.... my pyrs bark at everything that moves in the night.. lol.. It used to be.. You listen for drakes bark. ( he doesn't bark- only if something is not right or their our predators) Then you listen for the type of bark. Depending on the bark. You load the gun.. grab the quad keys and go help out. As the pyrs ( I keep saying don't get out of the pasture) But I am more then convinced the amount of things they have broke.. scaled and jumped.. LOL If they need to, they would get out.

BUt who knows really.. I mean my pyrs play too.. But never to the point gunners fur is all matted and iced up. I mean I know when they fight. Sadie goes for the throat of gunner.. ( sounds bad) but not as aggressive as she can be. ( hope that makes sense) so who really knows. All I know.. is shit she broke the thick chain. ( not thin LOL) and another gate hubby has to fix... lol But all that counts is all the babies in the goat pasture are safe...
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Something must of happened last night..................... good dogs   Sun 20 Dec 2009, 2:05 pm

Wow Mini...good dogs is right. I saw coyote tracks this morning but out on the tree line. Give them a pat!!! Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Something must of happened last night..................... good dogs   Sun 20 Dec 2009, 3:21 pm

I got tracks in my back pastures... but none in my winter pastures.. Haven't checked the bush where the cows are.......

THey have been close before.. when gunner broke steal... but like I said.. I am just guessing... cause the fur around his neck was iced up and matted...

But I must of been tired.. cause I usually hear everything.. since the goats winter pen is almost by the house........but all critters were fine....... I worry too much.. lol....
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something must of happened last night..................... good dogs   

Back to top Go down

Something must of happened last night..................... good dogs
Page 1 of 1