Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Panzer's new room

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:10 pm

o.k. still 2 weeks till he comes home but I'm ready!

Panzer's new room Panzerden
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:15 pm

Panzer's new room 674383 Panzer's new room 674383
I get a puppy in 2 weeks. Panzer's new room 80851

I'm really excited for you.

Nice set up but I'd pull your pretty curtains back a bit.
(but I have naughty dogs)
I would love to be a pup coming home to that bed.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:15 pm

Love the stuffed moose.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:18 pm

Oh Mousey he will love his new home,just be prepared for all the whining the first few nights and don't give into it or you will regret it
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:23 pm

Good call on the curtains. I read in my puppy book to have him in a box by the side of the bed at night time.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:26 pm

Not me,I like my sleep and he won't give you any for several nights after being seperated
from his litter mates,when I get a new puppy it goes in another room with a blanket over their crate

Takes about 4 nights for them to settle in and quit yelping at night
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:27 pm

really? did you get up at night when they whined?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:32 pm

Not where they could see me,the dog trains us that way,I would check to make sure they were okay,but never ever took them out of their crate while they were whining

When I bred yorkies,I seperated the siblings at least 2 weeks before I sold them,so they were used to sleeping alone
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:34 pm

Jerseyfivedogs wrote:
Panzer's new room 674383 Panzer's new room 674383
I get a puppy in 2 weeks. Panzer's new room 80851

I'm really excited for you.

Nice set up but I'd pull your pretty curtains back a bit.
(but I have naughty dogs)
I would love to be a pup coming home to that bed.

No, we hear at Kibbles get a new puppy in 2 weeks. lol

Love Panzer's new room. The bedding may not last very long though. lol
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:44 pm

OK.
We here at kibbles get a new puppy in 2 weeks.
I must share the puppy and all puppy related things with my fellow kibblers.

In my defense, I am an addict.
My name is Jersey and I am addicted to puppy breath.

I will love the new puppy as one of my own though.
I loved him before I met him.
Is Panzer orange or green collar?
Not that it really matters.
They were both perfect to me.

I will now back off Mousey's pup. Embarassed Embarassed
(I'm still kissing that face in my head though) Razz
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:46 pm

That's all right (old sheets) I don't really want to crate at night as he will be crated during the day while we are at work but we'll see.

Here are the two boys (one which will be ours!!)

Green boy at 5 weeks
Panzer's new room Grnb5b

Orange boy at 5 weeks
Panzer's new room Orboy-5wk
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:55 pm

I want green boy

Mousey,what will you do with him at night then? He shouldn't be allowed to run free
or maybe that is just me,I just like them to be crated so I know they are safe while I sleep

Others may have completely different opinions on that
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:58 pm

They're both so cute, I love the head type on green boy. My dog was green girl when she was a puppy.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 9:59 pm

He won't be running free. Either a crate or a big box in our room, not sure yet. I'll talk to the breeder and see what she suggests I guess.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 10:01 pm

When keyper came home she went in her crate.
Two nights of mad at me but now she runs in at night as it is her place.
I did put her little pup kennel by my chaise and tapped on it when she got loud.
(and she really wasn't that loud but Cory had to work in the morning)
I woke up on day two with my finger in her cage, she sucked on and fell asleep)

BUT you are getting a dog from a good place, with some training already in place.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 10:05 pm

In her last email she said the pups are getting used to doing their business outside already Smile My nose is always in my Puppies for Dummies book Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 10:11 pm

Mousey wrote:
He won't be running free. Either a crate or a big box in our room, not sure yet. I'll talk to the breeder and see what she suggests I guess.

If you can find used x-pens in your area, you might be able to keep his crate door open and set these up around his crate. This way he won't be able to get into anything, have access to his crate when he wants to take a nap, and access to a larger area when he wants to come out to play. The only problem with that is that it might take longer to house train him.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 10:16 pm

I don't have the room for that Sad
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec 2011, 11:10 pm

Mousey,you will figure it out,of that I have no doubt. When you get him home it won't take long for you to see how best to handle each situation as it arises
Back to top Go down

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jan 2012, 9:06 am

Mousey he will be fine in his crate all night. My rotti loved his crate and would always go there to sleep. We left him out all night ONCE thinking he would be okay but he chewed the wall and woodwork in the dining room! I find large breed puppies aren't the same as the small breeds and don't whine all night when brought home. I wouldn't put any bedding in the crate or anything on top yet either as mine chewed up his bedding and pulled the blanket I had covering his and chewed this too. I saw the baby kong.....lol. He will grow out of this one real quick..... Smile
As for keeping him in a box by the bed he will outgrow this pretty quick too and unless that's where he's always going to sleep I wouldn't do this.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jan 2012, 2:40 pm

jamn53 wrote:
Mousey he will be fine in his crate all night. My rotti loved his crate and would always go there to sleep. We left him out all night ONCE thinking he would be okay but he chewed the wall and woodwork in the dining room! I find large breed puppies aren't the same as the small breeds and don't whine all night when brought home. I wouldn't put any bedding in the crate or anything on top yet either as mine chewed up his bedding and pulled the blanket I had covering his and chewed this too. I saw the baby kong.....lol. He will grow out of this one real quick..... Smile
As for keeping him in a box by the bed he will outgrow this pretty quick too and unless that's where he's always going to sleep I wouldn't do this.

affraid
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jan 2012, 7:19 pm

Honestly Mousey,he needs to be crated at night,during the day he should have access to his crate but a cordened off area for him to play in

More for his safety that anything else,they do have a tendancy to get into things you never thought he could reach never mind eat.

You are going to have such fun with a new puppy in the house
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jan 2012, 9:53 pm

I'm sure we will Yorkie! It will be like having a toddler all over again...lol
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeSun 01 Jan 2012, 11:48 pm

Mousey wrote:
jamn53 wrote:

affraid

At the breeder's home my dog and her 10 litter mates chewed through the kitchen dry wall. The sire at 9 months old chewed through the vinyl flooring. Your best to keep him crated at night and when you're not able to supervise. Just give him enough exercise to tire him out that he won't mind being in the crate when you're at work and sleeping. Jamn is so right when she says he will outgrow those things quickly and about the bedding. I can't leave bedding in my dog's crate and she's 5 years old. Some Rotties you can but a lot you can't with.

Bullet brought up a good idea too with the freezing of the treats with peanut butter in the kong.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitimeMon 02 Jan 2012, 4:37 pm

no blankets at all?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Panzer's new room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panzer's new room   Panzer's new room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panzer's new room
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Dogs-
Jump to: