Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yorkies Thread

Go down 
+8
Unhingedmom
Mousey
BigBrownEyes29
rottnmom
Kewl Chick
Jerseyfivedogs
yorkiemom
ivegotfleas1
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 5:48 pm

As long as there is a beer fridge and a big screen tv, I'm in!
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 11:55 pm

I think since you are buying us the house Fleas,that you can have a huge beer fridge and a big screen TV,you just can't watch sports lol
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:17 am

Good Morning Everyone
Looks like some storms moving through here today and tomorrow,maybe even some thunder YAY,probably won't happen thought,they all seem to move around us Sad
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:23 am

Good Morning.
Beautiful day here.
Doing some laundry and trying to sell some more stuff on Kijiji.
I had a nice sleep in and I don't have to go anywhere today.
All day with my critters-life is good. Smile

I hope you get your storm yorkie.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:29 am

Me too Jersey,seems this summer and fall all of the storms have gone around us,we get the wind,got a tiny bit of snow,but can't seem to get just good old fashioned rain.

I still have a huge pot of mums to plant before winter sets in,if we get the rain I can plant them,mulch them in for the winter and be done with them

First city council meeting tonight as a city council person,a bit nervous about the whole thing lol. It is one of those felt good at the moment things I think
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:38 am

I think you'll do great!
You'll be a wonderful council person.
What are your duties?
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 10:46 am

OHhhhh Yorkie!! Do you get to wear a gown and pound a gavel like Judge Judy?? That would be so much fun!!

JK, I think the people of your city are lucky to have you there. You'll be one who does what's right and fair. Congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 11:15 am

Thanks everyone,it is a 1 1/2 year commitment to my little town,I have been trying to wade through the whole book of ordinances,boring,but oh well

My duties as council person are to do the best thing for our little town,from deciding where our money is spent,who is hired or fired,to go over every reciept that is turned in and approve them so that they can be paid,and a whole lot more that would bore you to death
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 11:49 am

Yorkie my personal view on the people who run our country has always been (and you can ask anyone who has had a political discussion with me) that we should be governed by mature women who have raised at least six kids in a household with one income. THEY are the ones who know what is important, what isn't, who needs what and who doesn't. If you need it she'll do her best to see you get it......if you just want it and whine about it you get sent to your room. She can balance a budget on a tightrope, make a meal from nothing and clothe everyone....not always to their satisfaction, but to their need. And no one gets left behind.

You go girl!!
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 11:55 am

congrats yorkie...

You will be great for your town.......... you are calm.. and our sensisble..... unlike most of our politicians.....

Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 11:56 am

well at least I fit part of that,as you all know being a single mom has been tough for me,sometimes I find it very difficult to have to say NO to my children on their "wants"

I am not opposed to discussing our finances with my children,I feel that is the way they learn and better understand why,we just can't have or do something they want.

I am looking forward to the position to be honest,and know I will be up against some people who have been on this council for awhile and are very set in their ways

The most important thing to me is that I need to put aside my personal agenda and do what is best for MY town.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Nov 2011, 8:14 pm

Yourkey the politician, be afraid. :o

Good luck miss key, hope you enjoy it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 12:13 am

councilwoman - very very cool. Good for you, that is awesome.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 12:17 am

back from the 1st meeting,think I pissed off half the town,we are hiring new clerk,maintance man,and lawyer.

I simply made a motion that all city council members and employees be randomly drug tested,I think it will cut down on the number of druggies we have here applying for the job

Somehow people seem to have a problem with accountability
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 10:02 am

yorkiemom wrote:
back from the 1st meeting,think I pissed off half the town,we are hiring new clerk,maintance man,and lawyer.

I simply made a motion that all city council members and employees be randomly drug tested,I think it will cut down on the number of druggies we have here applying for the job

Somehow people seem to have a problem with accountability

That NEVER happens these days. :roll:
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 10:17 am

It will happen,when I got on city council I knew some changes in our little town needed to happen,if I stand alone on some of this,that is fine,I will go down on the records as trying to clean it up

I have to be accountable for my actions and words at a meeting,I expect the others be the same

I didn't go into this to make friends so if half the town is pissed,oh well
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 10:42 am

Can you get my patio door fixed? :lol: Just kidding, rumour has it that the door AND windows have been approved finally, weeeeeeeee!

As far as the council thingy, you gotta stick to your guns. Somebody has to these days.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 5:27 pm

If you ever get the patio door and window I must insist on pics of both lol
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Nov 2011, 6:38 pm

I'm not counting my chickens until they're at the door with......another door. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 8:22 am

Good Morning Everyone.
Chilly day today and I have to clean the carport.
It looks like an extension of the living room. Embarassed
Clutter is back.

Love the new banner.
Very nice. Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 9:27 am

Love the new banner,thank you

Good Morning Everyone,going to be a nice day here,the rain,hail and snow have all gone away,but we got a lot of much needed rain

One of my girls will me marching/playing her flute in the Veterans day parade on Friday,the other one will we in the choir singing.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 1:42 pm

Great new banner!
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 4:39 pm

where is everyone today?
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 5:41 pm

I was here.
Still am. :lol:
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

I'm not here. :o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yorkies Thread   Yorkies Thread - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yorkies Thread
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next