Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas window painting

Go down 
+5
Izzy
rottnmom
BigBrownEyes29
yorkiemom
JJ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

Christmas window painting Empty
PostSubject: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 9:42 pm

Decorations are up as good as they are going to be. Might put a string or two outside tomorrow and our bright lit wreath and the moving deer with lights.

However, today I had the bright idea to paint on the windows. I actually enjoy it, but the clean up is a pain when the holiday is over. I started on one of the downstairs windows. I am not finished because it got dark on me, but so far I think it looks ok. Nothing fancy just some words and a few decorations. If it doesn't look stupid I will take a picture of it tomorrow.

Last year Izzy and I painted our front kitchen window. I know I have a picture of that. It was nice.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 11:36 pm

That sounds like fun Jj, I will bet it will be pretty when you are done
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 11:35 am

You have 13 more days to paint the remainder of the windows. LOL This year flew by fast. If you get a chance, post a pic of the window painting.
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 3:06 am

Ok. The first picture with the car is the first one I did, but I scraped it off because I kept adding to the house and it looked awful.

Christmas window painting Picture

After 3 more scrapes (LOL) I finally got it done and it's not going anywhere until the holidays are over. I will finish the other window tomorrow and then post it. The next one is of the final painting and then 3 close ups of it.

Christmas window painting Picture1778

Christmas window painting Picture1779

Christmas window painting Picture1780

Christmas window painting Picture1781
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 5:44 am

OMG !! JJ that is beautiful! All your scraping and cursing definitely paid off. Can't wait to see the other two.

Wanna come do mine next??? PLEASE!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 9:01 am

Very Happy That looks like so much fun !

Do you do other holidays to ?

Thank you for sharing cheers
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 12:24 pm

I have to give credit when it's due so I need to add that Izzy showed me how to paint the trees yesterday, but I did paint this all myself. I'm sorry Izzy. (I did tell you thank you at home though for showing me how).

If you didn't live so far away Rottn, I would paint for you. I actually am enjoying it. It's a good thing this holiday only comes once a year. I have way too many hobbies that I truly enjoy.

And Feathers, funny you should ask if I did other holidays too...
I thought of that as I was painting..that a huge Halloween scene would look wonderful on the window too. Ha ha... You never know with me. I don't plan on painting windows for another Holiday, but then again, this year was spur of the moment thing too. As I said, I have far too many hobbies and paining like that does take more than a few hours.

Thank you ladies for the compliments. I love to share as I love to admire others talents as well.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 1:01 pm

Mine would have been done too,if Izzy and Jj had of showed up on Monday
like they were supposed,bought everything JJ would need for all the projects
I had planned for her to do.but alas,she was a now show

JJ those are beautiful you did a great job on them and I envy you your talent
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 7:42 pm

Well another window has been started. Shocked At the moments it is all white affraid :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
Furface
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Furface

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 7:56 pm

very pretty
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 8:26 pm

Very nice. I'm thinking you should do other holidays - St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Canada Day, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and birthdays of those who live in your home. Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 8:56 pm

Thank you Furface and BigBrownEyes.

BBE, I am thinking.... you are thinking too much! Christmas window painting Icon_lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 11:49 pm

Very nice ladies.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009, 11:53 pm

It turned out beautifully, JJ.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 12:06 am

Smile Smile Smile Nice job JJ.
Back to top Go down
Bgypsy
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Bgypsy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 12:56 am

Nice window JJ. Very Happy Did you do the second one yet ?
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 2:59 am

*waves to Gypsy* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas window painting   Christmas window painting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas window painting
Page 1 of 1