Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Life sucks sometimes!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

Life sucks sometimes! Empty
PostSubject: Life sucks sometimes!   Life sucks sometimes! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 10:55 am

First of all since I haven't been here in a while I'd like to wish a happy belated birthday to everyone that had a birthday recently. I hope you are all doing well, I've been pretty busy lately and not able to come here as often but I think of you guys often and hope you are all doing well.

Just when you think your hard work paid off you get a slap in the face. Urgh....I'm so disappointed. I almost had a chance to become a dept manager. Almost meaning my boss basically told me that the job was mine and that I had to "apply" for it only out of formality. Now they tell me they can no longer fill the position because they have to many full time employees so instead of promoting they are going to make another dept manager take on more responsibility. I'm so angry and frustrated that my boss got my hopes up like this, she even told me to find daycare asap because it was going to happen very fast. I have my son in before and after school care and I don't even need before school now, which I have already paid for, for the month of September. Seems no matter where I work I can never get to the next level, there is never an opportunity to move up within the company, it's so discouraging. With that being said this will not affect my performance at work, I'm not that type of person, I will continue to work hard but I know now that there will never be a chance to move up.

This was the opportunity I was waiting for, and it all came crumbling down Sad

thanks for letting me vent, it feels better to get it off my chest since I have no one to speak to this morning, everyone is too busy to chat.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Life sucks sometimes!   Life sucks sometimes! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 7:18 pm

So sorry Smurry. I know how much that sucks cause it happened to me a few months back. Your chance will come, chin up.

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Life sucks sometimes!   Life sucks sometimes! Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 11:29 pm

Hang in there Smurry. Unfortunately, your boss has someone that he / she has to report to, and that person is the one who makes the final decisions. I'm sure if it were up to your boss, you would have already had that position. The economy is crappy and this may be a decision to help the company save some money without having to downsize.

Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Life sucks sometimes!   Life sucks sometimes! Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 7:11 am

Oh Smurry, how disappointing for you! I've got to agree with BBE though, it sounds as if your boss was pretty sure it was a sure bet as well. You both got the rug pulled out from under you. On the up side it's kind of a compliment that they thought that highly of your work, right?
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Life sucks sometimes!   Life sucks sometimes! Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 8:27 am

Smurry, I can sure see why that would feel like a kick in the teeth. You obviously are appreciated. I've heard similar from several people, the opportunity is there and just as you're about to cross over someone slams the door. The fault lays on upper management who should never offer positions until they have thoroughly evaluated whether they need or can afford to.

Don't give up hope, you're good at what you do and your boss has already shown that she feels you should advance......another opportunity will come around.
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Life sucks sometimes!   Life sucks sometimes! Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 8:07 pm

yes I know it's not her fault she really wanted me to have the job, she has been a great boss and is very appreciative of what I do and how hard I work. She told me she'd give me as many hours as she possibly can and told me she doesn't want to lose me. She is very understanding when it comes to family and mentioned she'd try and give me Sundays off so I'd have a family day. I really have nothing to complain about, I was just a little disappointed is all. I will continue to work hard and watch for opportunities.

thanks for all the replies, I needed to get it off my chest and it helped to come here.

P.S. Has anyone heard from Skittles? I know she was going thru a really hard time recently I was on her fb and now it looks like she has deleted her account. I hope she's ok......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life sucks sometimes!   Life sucks sometimes! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life sucks sometimes!
Page 1 of 1