Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What's in your vehicle

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: What's in your vehicle   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 1:57 pm

I know most forums.. talk about animals in these artic temps..

BUt I think alot of people don't plan ahead.. even more so when you live out in the boonies....

Winter means to us.. Our winter kit goes into each of our vehicles..

This is what we normally carry... has come in handy when stopping on the side of the road to help other people

1. First aid KIT. Number one
2. Jumper cables
3. Inflater ( LMAO Don't know what it is called- not a tool person.. LMAO- but it plugs into the cigeratte lighter.. if the batteries are dead) inflats 4. That stuff you can patch tires with by spraying it inside- for a quick fix if you have a punctured tire. In our case don't know how many truck tires I have replaced because of our stupid garbage dump and nails.

5.Shovels... Chains.... tow ropes

6. In the truck I usually have a small gerry can of fuel. NOt in the vain.. would stink up my whole van
7. those gasline anti freeze
8. Boots.. gloves.. balacalvas
9. flares
10. Cell phone. ( which I am bad for.. have the time don't bring mine.. LMAO)

hmm a whole wack of other stuff......... some tools.. have no idea what they are used for.. LMAO
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: What's in your vehicle   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 8:10 pm

:lol: That's more than what I have, but I don't live in the boonies, just outside of the city limits.
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: What's in your vehicle   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 9:21 pm

A box of Kleenex from when I had a cold a few weeks back, some cd's in the middle compartment and misc. papers, lotion, etc.. that we can't live without...lol..., a can of glass cleaner, a bottle of nice smelling upholstery cleaner and a pair of winter gloves.

Yep, looks like we'd freeze our asses off if we ever got stranded.

We don't live IN town, but not too far out where we couldn't get help within 5 minutes or less. I think we're pretty safe.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: What's in your vehicle   Sun 13 Dec 2009, 12:35 am

I berated my daughter just this night for not having an emergency winter kit in her truck. She was off to a get together and told me to take a break...another who thinks her truck will not let her down because it's new. affraid
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's in your vehicle   Sun 13 Dec 2009, 2:18 pm

It is amazing how people honestly don't plan ahead...

Last night.. we went to our vets for afternoon and supper.. To cut the doe.. Then to barrhead for a movie. Our truck was packed with snowsuits blankets.. Cause in these temps of -40 plus.. you never know.. My truck ( do you notice mt truck lol hubby drives the van ) has started ( knock on wood) and has never failed me
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's in your vehicle   

Back to top Go down

What's in your vehicle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: