Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remembering 911

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yorkiemom

Remembering 911 Empty
PostSubject: Remembering 911   Remembering 911 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2011, 10:49 am

Today is a bitter sweet day for us

The twin towers are down,but they have rebuilt some beautiful waterfalls with every persons name that died on them Sad
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Remembering 911 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering 911   Remembering 911 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years.

Remembering 911 911memorial
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Remembering 911 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering 911   Remembering 911 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2011, 12:37 pm

I remember it as though it was yesterday. We had people in our restaurant who had family and friends flying in the states that day, a woman who's son was flying home. We all took turns going to the truckers lounge to watch.....none of us could believe it, even after we watched. Over the next few days we had served many of those stranded. Talkiing to those who couldn't get in touch with relatives was so hard.......there is nothing you can say or do to help.

Ten years may have passed, but the memories and the pain remain.

RIP those who have gone and bless those who risked their own lives to bring others to safety.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Remembering 911 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering 911   Remembering 911 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2011, 1:30 pm

If this was broadcast I somehow missed it. I'm so glad someone posted the link on my Facebook today.

The unsung hereos, the everyday people who came together and moved half a million people out of Manhattan away from the horror and destruction. An amazing mini documentary and so heartwarming.

I couldn't get through it without kleenex and you won't either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=18lsxFcDrjo#!
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

Remembering 911 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering 911   Remembering 911 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Sep 2011, 9:43 pm

I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing at the time..which is strange cause I barely remember what I did yesterday. RIP...
Back to top Go down

Remembering 911 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering 911   Remembering 911 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Sep 2011, 8:18 am

I watched every tv show on today of 9/11. The one that hit home to me was the one filmed by the two brothers that were doing a documentary on fireman and got it all on tape. It was HORRIFIC and every time I watch it I feel numb for days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remembering 911 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering 911   Remembering 911 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remembering 911
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: