Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Mon 22 Aug 2011, 12:00 am

Woodmere Bed and Breakfast (our room was in the top right corner)

View from our bedroom window

The resident stud 'Articulator' (aka Fleas) Giggle

Behind the scenes at the track

Post parade and warm up

And theyyyyyyy'rrrrrre OFF !!

Formerly Charlottetown Driving Park.......now Red Shores Racino

Charlottetown Driving Park 1895 (originally opened 1888)

Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Mon 22 Aug 2011, 12:07 am

Looks like you had a great trip rottn,you really deserved it

Admin

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Mon 22 Aug 2011, 12:44 am

Whoohoo...great you had a great time, nothing like a room with a horsy view. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Mon 22 Aug 2011, 9:43 am

I'm glad you had a great time rott, you sure deserved it!
It does look like Heaven.
Wish I was there. Smile
Beautiful pics by the way.
Back to top Go down
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:48 am

That looks like the perfect view for me and hell for my husband because I'd just keep asking for a horse.

Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:18 pm

kbullet wrote:
That looks like the perfect view for me and hell for my husband because I'd just keep asking for a horse.

I was trying to figure out some way to take a video, then play it against my front window as a 'screen saver' permanently :lol:

If we'd taken the Jeep (and been able to get away with it) I would have stuffed this mama and her babe in the back and made off home with them. He was so curious and precocious ...... and she was such a good mother, it was hard to say goodbye.

I also finally got the chance to get a picture of our old Aitken family home in Charlottetown........the stone wall and high wrought iron fence are gone now, but it's still a beautiful sight.

Unfortunately , is not the place we'd want to stop in and stay a while anymore......

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Mon 22 Aug 2011, 5:40 pm

Beautiful pics Rottnmom, you're so lucky. It looks like you had a nice vacation. Smile

P.S. I would have snuck off with mama horse and her baby too.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Mon 22 Aug 2011, 5:51 pm

We got there suppertime Friday and were on the road for the boat again by 10 Sunday morning..........I wanted to staaaaaaaaaaaaay Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:59 am

Just beautiful. I'm glad you had such a lovely time.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:32 am

Huh, in the pictures of the track, the tower at the finish line is the same? Cool! Glad you had a good time and all, but really wish we were there.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:45 am

UnhingedMom wrote:
Huh, in the pictures of the track, the tower at the finish line is the same? cool! Glad you had a good time and all, but really wish we were there.

Yup UM, same tower!! Now that would have been a get together...........huge crowds, great racing, amazing food and beer tents as far as the eye can see :lol:
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:08 am

absolutely beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

Beautiful pics and place!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!   

Back to top Go down

My weekend in heaven......... Sorry, super large pic overload !!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1