Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Day Stock Trading Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Day Stock Trading Questions   Sun 21 Aug 2011, 10:18 pm

I'm not a big risk taker when it comes to investing. Mainly because I have very limited knowledge on stocks, so like to play it safe and stay in the low risk areas.

But these past few years, I've been contemplating on dabbling in some day trading. Not investing a huge amount, just a small amount to see how it does and go from there. I know the stock market is not good at the moment, and thinking this might be a good time to buy while shares are low. I am researching which stocks are the safer ones to invest in. It seems almost like a full-time job researching.

Without getting too personal about financial questions. My questions are:

Has anyone done day trading?
Did it turn out to be a good experience or a nightmare for you?
Did you use a full broker or a discount broker?
If you invest in day stocks on your own, what stock trade software do you use, and is it user friendly?
In your personal experience how long did you hang on to the stocks for before selling (ie. one day, a few weeks, a year, a couple years), or do you still have them?

I'm also contemplating whether it would be good to take a night course at the college in investing in stocks, or if it is like majority of the general interest night courses at the college and a waste of money.

If you read this far of my babbling, thanks for reading. Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Day Stock Trading Questions   Mon 22 Aug 2011, 12:05 am

day stock trading and penny stock are illegal here

I do have some stock,but it has been there for a long time,problem being if you take it out ie: sell your stock here,the Gov. takes about 50% if you touch it at all,however you can roll it into something else and not lose it quite so badly

My best advice is to do some long term thinking,watch the stocks you think you might be interested in and see what is happening with it.

Now would probably not be a good time to invest(here anyway) the NY stock exchange is fluctuating way to much for my liking

I was always told to invest in natural resources,nothing foreign and that is all I know lol

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Day Stock Trading Questions   Mon 22 Aug 2011, 12:42 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
I'm not a big risk taker when it comes to investing. Mainly because I have very limited knowledge on stocks, so like to play it safe and stay in the low risk areas.

But these past few years, I've been contemplating on dabbling in some day trading. Not investing a huge amount, just a small amount to see how it does and go from there. I know the stock market is not good at the moment, and thinking this might be a good time to buy while shares are low. I am researching which stocks are the safer ones to invest in. It seems almost like a full-time job researching.

Without getting too personal about financial questions. My questions are:

Has anyone done day trading?
Did it turn out to be a good experience or a nightmare for you?
Did you use a full broker or a discount broker?
If you invest in day stocks on your own, what stock trade software do you use, and is it user friendly?
In your personal experience how long did you hang on to the stocks for before selling (ie. one day, a few weeks, a year, a couple years), or do you still have them?

I'm also contemplating whether it would be good to take a night course at the college in investing in stocks, or if it is like majority of the general interest night courses at the college and a waste of money.

If you read this far of my babbling, thanks for reading. Smile

I don't bother with it but I do know a number of people who do. Like all stocks it's a gamble and as you know can go either way. My husband has used brokers for long term investments and frankly it IMO it's just a pain in the ass but that's because I prefer to be boring and not take risks so use the banks low interest but secured investments. Brokers I detest but I do think if anyone can be lucky and find a brilliant one the commison they charge might be worth it. I chickened out on buying gold 25 years ago when it was $300.00 an ounce (was this close) and today had I I would have done really well...lol...but I didn't.

Yah know, why not try it with a minimal investment and see how it goes, maybe you'll get lucky and if not make sure it's money you can afford to lose. I don't want to discourage you. I'm a genetic tightwad. :lol:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Day Stock Trading Questions   Mon 22 Aug 2011, 5:34 pm

LOL @ Pooper. You should have invested in gold. It seems to be doing well from what I've heard and read.

Yorkie, I didn't know day trading was illegal where you're at.

I'm still in the researching stages on what to invest in and if I want to try this. I'm going to stick with Canadian stocks (as I'm a newby to all this), and go with investing in natural resources. It will be a small investment that I can watch grow or not grow,depending on how it turns out. But however it turns out, it definitely won't be a huge investment and something that I could take the gamble on if it doesn't do well without devastating effects.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day Stock Trading Questions   

Back to top Go down

Day Stock Trading Questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1