Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does Anyone Know

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 3:09 pm

Why my private messages box has emptied? Where's Stillwood? Tap, tap, tap...is this thing working? Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 3:17 pm

Check PM

But the forum cleans itself.... I set it up to send an email to users who haven't posted in so much time. Then After a few days.. if they don't post they get deactivated in the system

Some members have sent me emails saying holidays and stuff.. Then I click off those users.. But I think it is like2 days then they get deactivated.

That could of happened to stillwood.. I will have to go into the admin panel to see.. I know some other members have been deactivated and some have sent emails that go to my inbox

Hope that answers your questions..

or anyone else.............................................................

I was advised this is what small forums do.. to keep things moving and making others more comfortable in posting more issues then on the larger forum. As this is a closed forum for the most part.

EDIT: Okay it listed the members to be deleted.... and not deactivated. I just changed this on the options. So now after so many days which I should change because of the holiday season.. it will generate an email.. then the account will be DEACTIVATED 3 days after email was sent out
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Mini
Admin
Admin

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 3:40 pm

I should add, if members feel this needs to be changed.. let me know

I was going on the advice of some other members about people not posting and being active in the forum. If we come to some kind of terms Where EVERYONE is happy. Because unfortunatley... I can't make everyone happy. Some posters don't feel comfortable posting stuff.. vice versa..

So feel free to discuss it here... or send PM on your thoughts.

BUt I can't guarantee you all will be happy. I will change the parameters to do it after the Holiday season.. just cause with everything going on. But let me know

Thanks again

Back to christmas stuff
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 3:53 pm

Last post.. gosh...

I don't have stillwoods email.. We had 44 members and with the cleaning out. it deleted them instead of deactivated them

Jimmy's test was deactivated but still shows...... since i made the change from deletion to deactivate

So can or if you have stillwoods email.. could you apologize on my behalf and tell her if she wants to sign in again.

Thanks.. now I have to get stuff done..
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 1:19 am

Mini wrote:

I was going on the advice of some other members about people not posting and being active in the forum. If we come to some kind of terms Where EVERYONE is happy. Because unfortunatley... I can't make everyone happy. Some posters don't feel comfortable posting stuff.. vice versa..

BUt I can't guarantee you all will be happy. I will change the parameters to do it after the Holiday season.. just cause with everything going on. But let me know

Thanks again

Back to christmas stuff

I was wondering why today it was deactivating members who haven't logged in, in so many days. That makes sense, I would leave it as how you had it.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 1:30 am

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Mini wrote:

Thanks again

Back to christmas stuff

I was wondering why today it was deactivating members who haven't logged in, in so many days. That makes sense, I would leave it as how you had it.

Not sure if it does make sense because we have members, legitimate members who have been deleted from the forum...Smurry and Stillwood who were invited back in. I gave them the forum code to rejoin/log back in but...they can't because they are getting a message stating their user name is already taken. Smurry changed her user name and then it stated her e-mail address was was already used so she can't get back in?

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 1:41 am

pooperscooper wrote:
BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
Mini wrote:

Thanks again

Back to christmas stuff

Not sure if it does make sense because we have members, legitimate members who have been deleted from the forum...Smurry and Stillwood who were invited back in. I gave them the forum code to rejoin/log back in but...they can't because they are getting a message stating their user name is already taken. Smurry changed her user name and then it stated her e-mail address was was already used so she can't get back in?

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this.

Instead of 3 days, make it 90 days of no activity then send an email out? A lot can happen in 3 days of RL (ie. preparing to exams, vacation, etc...) where you might not even get a breather to come out to forums.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 1:48 am

This started one night in chat about members nobody could identify who were basically lurkers that never posted. Nobody was comfortable with that being this is a private forum. Miini was trying to satisfy all, but on small forums I somewhat agree that we all need to decide what is best for the forum overall.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 2:37 am

Sorry I had to do straw

Smurry has been reactivated.. she was deactivated.. as of stillwood.. she was deleted......... I am trying to figure out how to undue that.. I sent smurry a pm on facebook....

There are others on the deactive list.. all they have to do is tell a mod or admin.. and we can switch it over.. I will send you an email
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 2:53 am

Sorry brain is frozen

It hasn't been set for 3 days or set for when people log in..

I have set it for posts... Just because we set it for log in.. then the concerns over the lurkers are still the same. So we need to set a time frame for posts.. then the users.. get an email.. FIRST saying they are not active on the forum.

I have received some emails from members from this automatic generated email. Stating they are on holidays.. or other issues. I then havce to manually go in and click them off...

After they receive the email.. it is I think 3 days. I could change that time.. to reflect a longer period........

Just let me know.. but I do think it has to go off posts.. to help deter lurkers ect....

Thoughts.

also sorry I wasn't around.............. had lots to do today with the artic freeze coming
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 3:04 am

MPO.... I don't care about lurkers.... maybe they just aren't interested in the current topics and are waiting for something they like to post about. They are only able to see things when they've signed up, and I doubt that someone we don't know is going to show up out of the blue... so I see no reason for the automatic removal after however many days.. but thats just me...

I don't care what gets done as far as this policy... I'm easy to please.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 3:08 am

LMAO... sorry..

Couldn't resist.. I bet your hubby doesn't say your easy to please.. LOL..

I know serious subject.........

Some people have concerns over posters with different nics ect................. so trying to make a balance to make everyone happy...... Really hard to do....................
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 12:14 pm

I agree Mini, it's hard to please everyone. Not sure if there is a solution to this. There are quite a few private forums out there in the cyber world that:
  • Deactivate inactive accounts, and then delete the inactive accounts if the member hasn't responded to the email within so many days.

• They also have it set so that once a member registers, they cannot change their user name. In a way it's a good idea because in a private forum there really is no need to lurk and change user names.

• Some have it where once a member registers they do not have immediate access to the forum, it's usually a 24 hour waiting period. Before it is accepted, there is usually a part where you have to fill in why you want to join (like you see with the former MSN forums). A person can put their user name from another forum to give you a clue of who they are on another forum.

A couple years ago an acquaintance had invited me to join this one particular pet forum. I joined to see what it was all about. It was a nice no to low drama pet forum, but just wasn't interested in sticking around. Because I was new there, I didn't know there was a section with threads that members who have been there a long time and had a certain number of posts could access. I only found that out because the person who asked me to join was telling me about it.

Not sure how private you want the forum to be. I'm always the type that I don't share a ton of info about myself on the net. If someone posts something and it's something I'm going through or have experienced and feel comfortable sharing, I will. I have opened a FB account to share things that I wouldn't post on a public or private forum (pics of my kids, haven't gotten any scary pics of myself yet to post on there... lol). This way I have control over who I want to share certain information with and who I wouldn't want to.
Back to top Go down
Furface
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Furface

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 12:26 pm

I am pretty sure that I've gone over 3 days without posting several times, although, I do log in everyday to read anything I might find interesting. I've never got an email warning? How come, am I special? Embarassed affraid Razz

I think 3 days is a little short but that's just me. A lot of things can eat up a week, family illness, sudden trip, hospital stay, computer breakdown, ISP trouble, moving, etc, etc, etc... Holiday for us desk top people - they are hard to pack... LOL

Is there a way that users could temporarily deactivate this?
Say for example posting (or PM Mini or someone) that I'll be camping for 3 weeks & there is no way to access internet.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 12:45 pm

Okay

To clear things ups

The parameters for not posting I believe is 2 weeks right now.. still haven't changed it from the holiday. I just put this in... the other day. After 2 weeks.. the poster will get an email.

Saying inactive account from and admin. Once the email is sent out. Then it is 3 days and the account is deactivated. Big opsie on my part.. I clicked delete.. instead of deactivate. Now we have a list of a couple of names that are deactivated. They can send an email.. and then click.. I can reactivate them

Smurry was reactivated last night. Still wood was deleted. I still haven't see where I can help stillwood.. gave up around 230 am and went to sleep.

There are 3 posters that replied to that email... and I had to manually take them off.....

Hope that makes sense.. I was a little frozen last night.. ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Does Anyone  Know Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone Know   Does Anyone  Know Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Know
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: