Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MCAULEY.......................

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

MCAULEY....................... Empty
PostSubject: MCAULEY.......................   MCAULEY....................... Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 2:53 am

:lol:

how you holding up with this great weather?
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: MCAULEY.......................   MCAULEY....................... Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 4:36 am

Think he has his D8 out in the feed lot and hasn't made a path to the house yet. :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Mcauley   MCAULEY....................... Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 7:30 pm

Cold, colder and coldest - minus 41 this morning(with the wind chill) when I went out to do chores - this is going to take some getting use to - I just can't seem to warm up - sitting here with a heating pad on my back and a hot toddie have furnace turned up to 80 and I'm still freezing. Only have about 6 inches of snow so far - so haven't had to plough to much yet - just some drifts. Wpg has nothing as yet - no snow - so I guess they live right and we don't . Oh well guess winter is here now - the beginning of 4 months of hell. I see you started the winter with a big bang - lots of snow - please keep the snow there for awhile - let me get use to the cold before I have to get use to contending with snow. Cows don't seem to mind the cold yet - they go out everyday to pasture but come home every night to drink (dugouts frozen) and eat. Hows Molly doing in this? Is she keeping her boots on to protect her feet?
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MCAULEY.......................   MCAULEY....................... Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 12:10 pm

No boots.. arggg...

But she made it through some bad days.. We have their barn filled with straw...

I am going to try and get a picture. because it is the cutest thing..

My 2 pot bellies... bury themselves in the straw in the corner. One goat lays between them. One goat.. ( curry stands on papa pig) we call it pig surfing.. Then molly lays down beside the pigs.. Then THe other goats lay around molly. THen our male pyr lays down beside the goats.. and some where in their is quackers the duck....

So far so good.. but we are laying it by ear.. found a heater that will heat our barn worse case.. but her buddies keep her warm.. she wont move with the boots on........ but my pony blanket camr in.. so i may have to blanket her in the next coming days
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: McAuley   MCAULEY....................... Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009, 10:16 pm

Hook up an in car heater in the barn - Hubby can screw it onto one of the rafters so it is stable and the animals can't knock it over - it has a fan to circulate the air - very safe and uses very little power. Its better than your heat lamps. Its -47 here right now with the wind chill - God is that cold - If I can figure out how to load all the animals onto my broom - I'm gonna fly down to Kansas and we'll all spend the winter with Yorkie - at least its not -47 down there.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MCAULEY.......................   MCAULEY....................... Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009, 3:12 am

Okay should go in animals... just came back from outside.. lol.. had to go check on molly cause she was still outside the barn eating.. did I mention it is cold outside..

So I did straw.. I did one load into their little barn... By the time I finished with the big barn.. the front lean toos.... LMAO.. the pigs.. already took all the fresh new straw I layed down.. and made them a little fort in the corner.. I usually kick their fort apart... cause they will push all the straw there.......

So I decided I will load another load in.. LMAO.. now the barn has over 3 feet deep of straw.. LMAO.. good for them.. So Molly is in the barn... she is laying down.. 2 goats are curled right along side of her.. HA HA HA HA. and the duck is trying to get under her chin. Now seriously.. that must be ONE smart duck. She has never been layed down on.. she neslted herself right in amongst all the critters... lol.. oh except one time in feeding cause she darts under everyones body's molly stepped on her.. ( good thing molly- is really tiny..)

I love winter.. but in the other thread I agree with pooper.. I am ready for spring ease into winter.. what happened to that..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MCAULEY.......................   MCAULEY....................... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MCAULEY.......................
Page 1 of 1