Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The girl I said no to

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

The girl I said no to Empty
PostSubject: The girl I said no to   The girl I said no to Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 11:39 pm

Probably about four months back I posted on the other side about a couple who I waited on for years coming in to the store I'm at now and talking to me about a dog they had just gotten, wondering if I would take her. As Sasha is getting on in years (so are we) and this girl isn't young I didn't feel I could handle both with the possible of health issues of both and two adult females who were strangers.

A little background on her and the couple that searched me out. This couple had shortly before had to put down their 14 yr old golden, she was daddy's girl. They saw Nola advertised and decided to go see her. This poor girl had been bought by a family from a breeder about a year prior and when they went to visit, found her kept in a wire crate in the backyard, covered in mud and totally ignored. They couldn't turn their back on her, so paid the $1400 asking price, brought her straight to the groomers for a bath then on to the vet for a check up. She is six, purebred with her papers and the vet feels by her stance and build that she was a show dog and breeder (she has been spayed). A few days after getting her home, the new 'dad' was worried that he wasn't going to be able to bond with her, as he was still hurting from loosing their previous girl. He felt it really wouldn't be fair to her if he couldn't get attached.They stopped in to see me to ask if I would be willing to take her, as they knew I had taken Sasha at about the same age. They offered her to me with no charge, inspite of the amount of money that they had spent to get her and having her groomed and vetted. I gave them some contact names/numbers of people I knew could help them find a good family, but urged them to give it a bit more time.

Fast forward to yesterday, 'dad' came in with pics of Nola and Santa taken at the mall. She is now a huge part of their family and hearts........she is 'home' for good. They are so thankful they took their time and let the bond form. Today they brought her down to our store so they could watch the Santa Clause parade with us and I could finally get to meet my 'almost' girl in person. People everywhere they go are drawn to her and she enjoys all the attention.......especially from the little ones.

The girl I said no to IMG_1829-1

The girl I said no to IMG_1802

The girl I said no to IMG_1801

The girl I said no to IMG_1803
Back to top Go down
Furface
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
Furface

PostSubject: Re: The girl I said no to   The girl I said no to Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 11:50 pm

What a gorgeous dog. I'm glad she found people to love her.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: The girl I said no to   The girl I said no to Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 1:28 am

She's a beautiful dog. I had the room and money, and the bylaw permitted it, I would probably own one of each breed of dog. lol Glad to hear she has a new home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The girl I said no to   The girl I said no to Icon_minitimeSun 06 Dec 2009, 1:41 pm

She's so pretty.

I'm glad they stuck with her and Nola found her forever home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The girl I said no to   The girl I said no to Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The girl I said no to
Page 1 of 1