Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIP MCpl Roy

Go down 
+4
kbullet
Kewl Chick
ivegotfleas1
Mousey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 4:20 pm

Wonder what happened Mousey. RIP young man.
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 5:41 pm

soo very sad!! RIP
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 7:02 pm

Most (but not all) non-combat related injuries mean the person has commited suicide.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin
ivegotfleas1

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 8:06 pm

That's very sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 8:35 pm

Yes, another soldier in Petawawa Ont. was found dead in his appt. this weekend also...
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 9:21 pm

Its truly sad when that happens... I think its worse than in combat because not only have they had to go through the horrors of combat but now they feel so alone that they feel this is the only way out.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

And who knows what may have going on at home..
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 1:12 pm

Why do so many think that once the troops are home they are 'safe'. What they experience over there or anywhere there is combat is not something they can shut a door on and walk away. Not in combat certainly doesn't mean not combat related. My heart goes out the their families and to lives needlessly cut short.
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

CFB Gagetown (NB) has just opened their new combat stress center last week! Long overdue IMO..
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 8:40 pm

Mousey wrote:
CFB Gagetown (NB) has just opened their new combat stress center last week! Long overdue IMO..

I agree 100%
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 8:45 pm

I have family who served in vietnam,they will never be close to the same,one cousin killed himself shortly after he got home.

they should have had centers opened a long time ago IMO
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 9:05 pm

I agree Yorkie. My Father spent time in Iraq during Desert Storm, He wasn't the same. I believe he started drinking More heavily upon return because he has PTSD..
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011, 1:50 am

But the problem also is because of Military and how they treat and turn soldiers away who have combat stress or PTSD... a battle I have fought for too long.

The war is never over- they just bring the WAR home and we the ones at home deal with the aftermath of our loved ones fighting for their country. Now we fight the country on behalf of our loved ones. It is a never ending battle and their is never a win win situation... it is always the soldier and their family that pay that sacrifice whether here or over seas.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011, 7:59 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm

Just so you understand for 5 plus years I have been fighting the military.. I gave up until about 3 months ago... Dennis had what I would call a PTSD melt down.. it was a pretty bad one.. I had enough.. I called the head padre for the base.. I spent hours on the phone with him.. telling him everything from day one and the battles I have fought. He convinced me that they have changed how they do things... and he convinced me to get dennis into mental health.... I told him.. ya okay... how many times do I have to convince my hubby to go get help.. only to be turned away. I promised the padre that I would.. I used every threat in the book to get him there.. it wasn't easy... He walked into mental health.. talked to someone about what happened.. ONly to be told that he was stressed at this time... and try some breathing exercises.. they gave him some sheets on different ways to breath.. and sent him on his way..... I was so damn pissed... I called the padre afterwards.. he was mortified at what happened.. He was stunned he didn't know what to tell me.. he went searching for answers he talked to a padre who specializes in ptsd... we even have paper work from someone that states he has ptsd.. and still no help from the military.. I have done everything on my own in the civilazation world.. everything was paid for out of my pocket.. with no help from the military...

They have to do a complete rehaul of the whole situation from diagnosing till how they treat the families and the soldiers.. It takes alot for a infantry soldier to walk into the mental health unit and say he needs help.. when they have been trainned to soldier up and take it.... to be turned away time and time again.. it doesn't surprise me when these soldiers think they have no way out and turn in taking their own lifes.. it is a sad situation and something needs to be done.. It is a battle I have fought and lost and what scares me like I told the padre.. how many spouses sit and take it.. and don't know what to do or where to turn when their lives are shattered and their loved ones are in their own separate hell. we as the spouses get the anger.. get the torment.. we are the ones up at night with the nightmares... it is a battle we will never understand what they have seen or what they go through.. we learn to live with it.. and bare the weight on our shoulders......how many spouses can bare that weight.. how many walk away causing more stress to the injured.... this whole system blows my mind.. I salute those families that fight for their loved ones mental happiness cause it is one of the toughest journeys I have ever been on and continue to be on.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011, 1:44 pm

Though I'm not in the military, and know of only a few who are, from what I've seen (based on the way the military handles situations re: soldiers), I'd have to say, they need to seriously insert a sensitivity chip. Though, I won't go into detail re: an Edmonton soldier who went missing in the Edmonton area, from what I observed, there is a veil of secrecy within the military. Until the military understands, that men & women in combat, are not machines, nothing will change. The military refuses to believe, that some of these people need some serious help dealing with things, and rather than taking their own lives, get assistance in re-claiming some of their lives. So sad...and it's not just the soldier who's victimized, it's all those other lives around that are compromised as well.

Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

This all just makes me so sad. I know someone who also suffers and it is terrible any way that I look at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP MCpl Roy Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP MCpl Roy   RIP MCpl Roy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP MCpl Roy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: