Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yorkie...... I need plant help!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

Yorkie...... I need plant help! Empty
PostSubject: Yorkie...... I need plant help!   Yorkie...... I need plant help! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011, 9:28 am

OK, I swore never again but I did it.........got another damn rose bush. Have had three, don't know how to take care of them and they all died (with a good deal of help from the weeds)

I picked up a Queen Elizabeth Grandiflora rose. Can I plant this in a planter? What size, special soil/additives, etc. Can I put it on my deck.....full sun, all day and can be very windy. Don't know a darn thing about caring for them so a tutorial would be appreciated.

Might as well have picked up some wild, exotic animal.......they'd have about the same chance of surviving my black thumb.

This is what it's supposed to look like......

Yorkie...... I need plant help! 4674091849_7dccbe39c3
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkie...... I need plant help!   Yorkie...... I need plant help! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011, 9:34 am

No,they should not be put in a planter at all,the will get root bound and die

You need to prep your soil with a bit of compost(clean) ,when add a bit of rose fertllizer,they need some shade in the hottest part of the day,

When you take it out of the bag or pot it came in,,please knock off all the soil around it,you can put that in the hole that is prepared.Do not bury the crown of the rose completely,dig the hole big enough,both deep and wide.spread the roots apart as much as possible and keep the bush moist but not soaked

When it blooms and the bloom dies,deadhead them,and it will keep blooming from you most of the summer
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkie...... I need plant help!   Yorkie...... I need plant help! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011, 9:42 am

Darn......really didn't want to put it in the ground and subject it to that friggin weed. Guess I'll make a spot in the so far least affected part. 'Clean' compost is one thing.....getting compost around here that doesn't have some of that darn mare's tail in it could be a challenge.

I have a fertilizer for shrubs (have to check if it mentions roses).....would that be suitable? What about Miracle Grow?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Yorkie...... I need plant help!   Yorkie...... I need plant help! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun 2011, 10:07 am

get miracle grow for roses rottn,compost you can buy a small bag for nothing at walmart

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yorkie...... I need plant help!   Yorkie...... I need plant help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yorkie...... I need plant help!
Page 1 of 1