Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Drake.......................................

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Drake.......................................   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 3:13 pm

Last post before I head off to bake..

For the last couple of days I have been sick. So, my daughter comes home from school yesterday and tells me what drake has done.

She was standing at the end of our driveway waiting for the school bus. My hubby was out feeding. She said all of a sudden drake comes running. She is standing their watching. From our bush. Drake chases something out of the bush. Across the road into our neighbors field. She says he almost bit it. Then he turned around and started running home. I asked her was it a coyote. She says no , it was orange. I said was it a cat. She says no mom. it looked like a fox. She said drake came and sat by her side. Till the bus came and picked her up. She said when she looked down the driveway drake was walking down the drive way.

She came home from school and then sat with drake and starting petting him. All she said to him. You are a good old boy and you are my best friend. Ahh it nearly brought tears to my eyes. He may be getting older.. but he loves those kids. It is amazing he comes from such a bad past... but he loves those kids.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Drake.......................................   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 3:53 pm

That is so sweet... you have such incredible animals.

Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Drake.......................................   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 4:50 pm

Aww now that is a nice story Mini.
As I was reading I was visioning her giving him a kiss on the top of his head.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Drake.......................................   Sun 06 Dec 2009, 1:23 am

It's amazing what a strong bond the family pets have with the children of the house. Drake blocked out the pain from his hips aside, to ensure a loved one was safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drake.......................................   Sun 06 Dec 2009, 1:49 pm

Aww.. I love the bond between kids and dogs.

I think my kids greeted the dogs before me when they came home for thanksgiving!
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Drake.......................................   Sun 06 Dec 2009, 2:33 pm

I know.. animals amaze me everyday... Drake is now a house dog.. due to his hips and things. He goes out with us.. but comes in at night.. The pyrs have the outside pastures.. to protect the herd..

Drake is spoiled inside.. LOL.. and I thought he would have problems adjusting. Nope.. he will push his way in the house. He will also push his way outside. When we are outside he does his usual patrol. Runs the fence line in the bush. Scopes the barn out before we go in..... But comes inside when we are inside.. LOL Hubby bought him his own bed.. even though when the cats go on it.. He refuses to. Just a nice polite house dog. He finally stopped following me to the bathroom. Kids give him his medicine..

To think he has such a bad past. Never been around kids.. But he sure loves those kids. On friday we had a slumber party in our living room watching movies. The kids made beds on the floor.. LOL. and drake cuddled right in with them.. With his head on their pillow.

Bandit, our keeshond. Was barking the last couple of nights. Couldnt figure out his problem for the life of me. Then it dawned on me last night at 330 am. Out little girl gets up. We usually let her cry for a couple of mins. Everytime he barks.... is when she gets up and cries. I swear he is saying.. My little girl is up... Mom and Dad you are not getting her... She is crying. Then as soon as he hears as get up.. He stops barking. For the longest time. I thought he had to go outside.. LOL.. I am a little slow on the draw in the middle of the night...
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drake.......................................   

Back to top Go down

Drake.......................................
Page 1 of 1