Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:08 pm

Fleas you got an awesome start on the garden. It's going to look great when you have it all planted......wish you were closer cause I'm taking stuff out of mine too.

And I see you're a step ahead in the gnome department. Did you find that in a specialty shop.......I think it must be quite rare and valuable?

Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:21 pm

UnhingedMom wrote:
Wait a sec, the "UM Area", that mostly shaded? Everything I've shown is mostly sun, but I've got a fair bit of stuff for shade. As well, you'll need to leave access for your gas meters.

Honestly, if you guys saw how overgrown my gardens are, you wouldn't be surprised that I'm willing to dig it up and give it away, LOL. It is getting dug up anyway, so Fleas may as well use what he can. I used to belong to a plant swap group but man, just got too much!

Fleas, are you still driving or do you want me to pop the stuff over there? I won't be able to get out your way probably until Sunday

Yep, we still drive UM. Wifey works in the Oxford and Richmond area (not sinkhole related). We get about 3 or 4 hours of sunshine in that section (I think), is that bad? My mom thought the rose thing was great for that section.

Back to top Go down
http://wgaf.smfforfree3.com/index.php
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:23 pm

rottnmom wrote:
Fleas you got an awesome start on the garden. It's going to look great when you have it all planted......wish you were closer cause I'm taking stuff out of mine too.

And I see you're a step ahead in the gnome department. Did you find that in a specialty shop.......I think it must be quite rare and valuable?

Thanks! The gnome costs us probably 10k a year, but I am willing to part with it for much less. Razz

Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:26 pm

I'll take that adorable gnome off your hands anytime you want. Razz
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:32 pm

Jerseyfivedogs wrote:

I offered her a week in Nova Scotia (that's where you are right?), she thought the "with someone you don't know" part was kinda scary. Feel free to take it either way. :lol:

Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:37 pm

She is a smart little girl.
"Stranger Danger" and all.

I'd still take her though. :lol:
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:39 pm

I"ll show her your pic, maybe you have that "I'm a nice person" look. Smile

Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:42 pm

Ok, but not the one where I am holding the snake.
I had a few that night.
Well, that IS the only way I was going to hold the critter. Razz
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:42 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
Jerseyfivedogs wrote:

I offered her a week in Nova Scotia (that's where you are right?), she thought the "with someone you don't know" part was kinda scary. Feel free to take it either way. :lol:

You forgot to tell her how many cool pets Jersey has, didn't you.

The Rose of Sharon should do ok, I'll give you a couple, maybe try it on the corner as well? At least if you come here you'll have a better idea of how high and where this stuff grows best. You'll also see how much this stuff fills IN.
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:47 pm

Jerseyfivedogs wrote:
Ok, but not the one where I am holding the snake.
I had a few that night.
Well, that IS the only way I was going to hold the critter. Razz

LOL, the snake is a bonus.....just in case you didn't see this before miss jers:

Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:48 pm

UnhingedMom wrote:
ivegotfleas1 wrote:
Jerseyfivedogs wrote:

You forgot to tell her how many cool pets Jersey has, didn't you.

The Rose of Sharon should do ok, I'll give you a couple, maybe try it on the corner as well? At least if you come here you'll have a better idea of how high and where this stuff grows best. You'll also see how much this stuff fills IN.

We could come out tomorrow afternoon after jr gets home if that's not too early UM. Wifey is working every other day this week.

Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:50 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
Jerseyfivedogs wrote:

Tell her I've got a 'big sister' for her she'll absolutely LOVE!!

And Jersey and I really don't bite........we're quite nice!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:52 pm

LOL! Jr would probably get along great with her.

Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 8:15 pm

I think Jr. should claim a little spot in the unplanned section for something just her own. Something that will stand out and she can look after herself. She needs something not just pretty but spectacular!! Find her a delphinium, just a small pot or two, cause it'll grow like a weed with minimal care and be the envy of all her friends..........

Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 8:20 pm

Is it a perennial? I'm learning the lingo as I go.

Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 8:27 pm

Oh! Very pretty! I lost my delphinium after a couple years, they were beautiful while they lasted. Male dog.... He killed off my long stemmed rose as well. I loved him, but he wasn't the brightest.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 8:42 pm

LMAO, just took hubby for a tour outside to show him what we were digging up. He asked where all the plants came from!

"uhhhh, they grew?"

Found you a variegated Hosta that's being over-run by the ground cover. We've decided to let the ground cover be ground cover and just beat the stuff back with a machete or something.

Fleas, check your Pm's.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 8:53 pm

You already gave me the gnome once Fleas,that wasn't nice to give it to someone else

Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 8:58 pm

He said I only get the gnome for one week-lol
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:03 pm

ivegotfleas1 wrote:
Is it a perennial? I'm learning the lingo as I go.

Yup.......and if I could get them to grow for me, she can sure get it to grow for her. (That pic isn't of mine, just to show how one type of delphinium looks)

Here's one I got last year, on the far left (4 1/2" pot for under $3) and a shot of it about 3 weeks later............

Another one that fills lots of space and has a beautiful flower (yes, also a perennial ) is a Bleeding Heart.....

They're usually in a bit large pot, about $6 here
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:03 pm

OMG, I resized all those and they still keep coming out HUGE!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:05 pm

They are gorgeous! Smile
Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:05 pm

yorkiemom wrote:
You already gave me the gnome once Fleas,that wasn't nice to give it to someone else

The gnome needs culture, multiple places can help. Smile

Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:06 pm

UnhingedMom wrote:
LMAO, just took hubby for a tour outside to show him what we were digging up. He asked where all the plants came from!

"uhhhh, they grew?"

Found you a variegated Hosta that's being over-run by the ground cover. We've decided to let the ground cover be ground cover and just beat the stuff back with a machete or something.

Fleas, check your Pm's.

Pm's checked!

Back to top Go down
ivegotfleas1
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   Tue 14 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

Love the blue one rottn.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11   

Back to top Go down

The Garden of Fleas - UPDATED June 29/11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next