Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 2:16 pm

So it snowed all day yesterday.. winds throughout the night were anywhere from 40 to 50 km an hour. Conditions were white out. Blury.. So we were moving animals as some wouldn't go in the shelter. Yup.. chasing cows through bush.. LMAO

Opened the sick pen up to the alpacas and moved them in there... LOL.. Was an interesting night. When winter comes a knocking it doesn't enter gracefully... it enters with a pounding.

Now we are digging ourselves out. The drifts have blocked most of the gates. So hubby is clearing with the quad. In order to feed the goats and pigs. We had to shovel their entrance and part of their pen. Cause when they stepped out of their barn.. LOL. all you seen was horns they were buried in the snow... lol.....

My pyrs.. Love it.. Love the snow. Love the cold... They were running around playing. Last night I went to check on them. Do you think they were in their nice warm snug dog houses. Nope.. They were playing in the blizzard.. Sadie did help bring the cows in.. cause chasing them around the bush with a bucket in a blizzard wasn't my highlight of the evening.. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 2:27 pm

oh my,

I totally forgot to tell you about Bosco.. LOL.. He has to be penned because of all the christmas decorations.. He thinks the blow ups are his personal toys.

So we bring him in at night in his kennel. This morning letting him outside. He was so mad.. He couldn't find his bunny ( he has this stuffed rabbit that he has to take every where with him including his blanket) Well they were burried in snow. He was digging and digging and barking and barking) It looked like he lost his siblings in an avalachane and he was trying to save him. THe look on his face he was in distress. When he finally found his bunny.. He threw it up in the air... Prancing and dancing.. again.. LOL
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 3:47 pm

That is way too cute... you need to get video next time.

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 7:36 pm

Now I remember why I left Alberta LOL

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 8:09 pm

Winter is tapping at my door too , it rode in on a 3 day rain which we needed but the cold is a big surprise went from 80s to the 40s in the morning .

i hate cold weather and the short days !!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 8:58 pm

Isn't it awful, I had to shovel to get my dogs out the house this morning. The barn was the same, south end completely blocked by a 4 foot drift...good thing I have doors at both ends. The corals are drifted in a lot...and it's still blowing. Should be an interesting morning tomorrow, again. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 9:03 pm

Sounds like some people got way too much snow.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 9:05 pm

they have said that word here for tomorrow, and freezing rain all day

Admin

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 9:19 pm

Next couple of days

-30 with the windchilll argg...

5 days ago it was in the plus's today.. you are freezing your bewbs off in less then a minute.. lol
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 11:41 pm

Been snowing here the last few hours. No idea how much we are supposed to get.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sun 06 Dec 2009, 2:05 pm

OH my gosh.. it is cold.... -25 and no wind......

Went outside, to give a furbaby a shot.. Had to keep the needle under my armpit.. Friggin needle kept freezing up on me... OH MY gosh... Dont get me wrong I love the winter .. Love it..

Had to haul more straw in.... animal check ( hubby fed this morning) but time to clean out pens.. LOL. my little belgium is having a hard time getting through the drifts........................

I even put on my military.. snow pants..... HA HA HA HA HA.. I normally dont put those on till Feb.... Walking around like a green marshmellow......

Time to buy hotshots for my feet.. or buy yet again another pair of boots.. Because soreals dont work.. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sun 06 Dec 2009, 2:38 pm

Mini wrote:

Went outside, to give a furbaby a shot.. Had to keep the needle under my armpit.. Friggin needle kept freezing up on me... OH MY gosh... Dont get me wrong I love the winter .. Love it..

Had to haul more straw in.... animal check ( hubby fed this morning) but time to clean out pens.. LOL. my little belgium is having a hard time getting through the drifts........................

I even put on my military.. snow pants..... HA HA HA HA HA.. I normally dont put those on till Feb.... Walking around like a green marshmellow......

Time to buy hotshots for my feet.. or buy yet again another pair of boots.. Because soreals dont work.. LOL

Mini why don't you pack up and move down here with me .......................I would love to have you as my neighbor and watch your family grow up sunny
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sun 06 Dec 2009, 2:49 pm

feathers wrote:
Mini wrote:

Mini why don't you pack up and move down here with me .......................I would love to have you as my neighbor and watch your family grow up sunny

LOL okay but I need snow at christmas.. The one year we went to Az for christmas. It wasnt the same. BUt it was funny. People were walking around in jackets. And my whole family ( mom flew us all out) were walking around in Tshirts and shorts. It was a weird feeling picking oranges on christmas day.. I think it is picture time.. need to down load some new pics.. and I will post them.....
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Sun 06 Dec 2009, 10:25 pm

We got dumped on. My kids were happy, me not so much Mad
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Mon 07 Dec 2009, 2:02 am

I love snow actually. I love it the month of December. I love to play in it with the kids and also riding in it with my ATV.
After the new year begins I am ready for sunshine and spring...ha ha

It is cold here, but too cold to snow right now I believe.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Mon 07 Dec 2009, 11:32 am

OMG

-32 without wind this morning..........

Pooper I hope you bundle up......................... This is nuts.. lol
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Mon 07 Dec 2009, 11:46 am

Mini where are the pics,you know I love to glory in your misery LOL,
remember a pic is worth a thousand words so SHOW me the snow

Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Mon 07 Dec 2009, 10:37 pm

Very cold here today - 47 at 7AM...Yorkie already saw my pictures. Humph she remembered why she moved away. Smile Smile Smile Reruns...my path tot he farm, out my kitchen window and my back deck. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Mon 07 Dec 2009, 11:17 pm

That looks like dry snow to me Pooper.

I would rather have the wet snow that piles up rather than the dry snow that seems to come with the cold temperatures and the damn wind.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Mon 07 Dec 2009, 11:30 pm

shit, I will shut up as it is snowing here,thanks you guys. YUK YUK YUK

Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Mon 07 Dec 2009, 11:53 pm

JJ wrote:

I would rather have the wet snow that piles up rather than the dry snow that seems to come with the cold temperatures and the damn wind.

Yes it is dry snow and drifts a lot, we have one in the tree line that is about 8 feet tall. Not taking my camera out in these temperatures...it'll freeze. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Tue 08 Dec 2009, 2:31 am

pooperscooper wrote:
JJ wrote:

Yes it is dry snow and drifts a lot, we have one in the tree line that is about 8 feet tall. Not taking my camera out in these temperatures...it'll freeze. Smile Smile Smile

Keep it under your arm pit or between your legs.

I was just thinking that the row of trees in your first picture was a nice place to put some Christmas lights and then I thought oopsy, wrong person...lol... :lol:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Tue 08 Dec 2009, 7:47 am

Pooper the snow is beautiful I wouldn't mind having some snow if it could stay in the 80s .
We had a 3 day cold spell here, rain got down in the 40s wind blowing but were back to 70s and 80s now.
Last night was beautiful here warm no bugs I stayed out playing with the dogs and doing Laundry until almost 9 just to pretty to be shut up in the house .
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   Tue 08 Dec 2009, 10:59 am

SNOW SNOW and more Snow here over night and all day today,right now we are getting freezing rain on top of the snow,then back to snow and high winds,the state has virtually came to a stand still

PostSubject: Re: WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand   

Back to top Go down

WInter came knocking on the door with a furious hand
Page 1 of 1