Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did You Say "NO"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Did You Say "NO" Empty
PostSubject: Did You Say "NO"   Did You Say "NO" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 12:41 am

I have been trying to expose the dogs to every type of situation possible that I can for many weeks for the 12 steps for their Canine Good Neighbor/Citizen class. Yesterday my mom was working evenings and I asked her at noon on the phone if it would be alright to bring the dogs to the senior home where she works as Arriba has never been there at 7PM and she asks one of her supervisors who said it was fine. Mom calls me in the afternoon and tells me we are not welcome because another supervisor said no dogs are allowed unless they already have their CGC/CGN certificate "OR" if they are visiting a resident.

I had already spent time bathing and grooming them to go when mom called to cancel and I was pissed. It was like when you can't get a job because you have no experince and you can't get experience because you have no job. I though about it...and remembered I do know a resident in that home and dammit we will go visit him. The look on moms face when we arrived was priceless. I loudly stated...during the Wednesday night bingo she was hosting...Could anyone assist me in finding the room for "so and so"? Nobody there knew we were relted and me and the dogs were directed to the room location...lol...My mom says on the microphone she was using for calling Bingo...You are brilliant girl. I was determined nobody and "iffy rules" were going to get in my way for a training opportunity

Went great...wheelchairs, strangers, odd noises, different smells etc. all good exposure for them off the farm and they handled it well. Julio was giving kisses and Arriba was calm to be petted. The one problem though is Arriba isn't heeling as well as I would like. She wasn't pulling on the leash but she was travelling ahead of me and it's preffered to have an obvious relaxed slack leash. Gah she does it perfect at home but I'm hoping for the best come friday from both of them.

Can't wait to see what happens!!!
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

Did You Say "NO" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Say "NO"   Did You Say "NO" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 9:01 am

I love your determination Pooper!! You really are brilliant!!
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

Did You Say "NO" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Say "NO"   Did You Say "NO" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 9:59 am

You are a smart cookie. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Did You Say "NO" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Say "NO"   Did You Say "NO" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Jun 2011, 10:26 pm

Kewl Chick wrote:
I love your determination Pooper!! You really are brilliant!!

+1 Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Did You Say "NO" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Say "NO"   Did You Say "NO" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did You Say "NO"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Dogs-
Jump to: