Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Christmas shopping in one day.........

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 7:32 am

DON'T do it !

I HATE malls. Don't get me wrong, I love shopping......when I know what I'm getting and where to get it. But when you have four grown kids who can all buy for themselves and three of them live on the other side of the country you really don't want to touch down in a three storey mall you only see maybe twice a year...........it's too damn hard on the head. Crying or Very sad

Up, down, back and forth. Where did I see that? What store was it in? Which floor was it on? SHIT, which floor am I on??

Seven hours later, three trips out to the Jeep to drop stuff off, I have all but one bought for. Even got the 'girlfriend's' gift and one for my secret santa at work. Just the youngest and it's really hard to find something for her in a mall. So a last minute run to the Dollar store to try to find some trees for my village and I can head home. Half way there it clicks in my head that I had forgotten to pick up the day planner that I was having engraved for my oldest........and I'd only passed it SIX friggin times as I took stuff out to stow in the truck. Shocked Thank god I didn't head straight home and was having to pass the mall on my way back.

Getting ready to head out shortly to drive thirty miles to pick up a vintage cedar chest for the 'baby' and find her a few funky Tshirts and I'm DONE!!!!! 'cept hubby of course .......but renewing a magazine subscription and cleaning out every nearby store of their chicken bone candy won't cause too much strain on what's left of my nerves.

Hope you all are a little more organized and further ahead than me..........now where the hell did I store the wrapping paper???
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 11:49 am

I feel your pain... we go into the city to shop.. and it is a day event......... was going to head in today.. but with a blizzard hitting our way.. arggg.. I hate shopping too
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 12:28 pm

I haven't even started shopping yet.... I dread going to that stupid mall.

Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 2:45 pm

*dances*

I'm done... I'm done.

Even have most of it wrapped up and ready to go. cheers

We accept the love we think we deserve.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 3:16 pm

Boston wrote:
*dances*

I'm done... I'm done.

Even have most of it wrapped up and ready to go. cheers

Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 4:41 pm

Obviously I'm not too worried. I never get in a hurry to Christmas shop. Just about have it all figured in my head what everyone will get, but I have no clue about Izzy. No clue at all except for Chocolate. I wouldn't dare forget that Grin but that can't be all she gets. Gosh..having a hard time coming up with something for her. I cannot think of one thing she would want or need and she can't think of anything either. Mad
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Fri 04 Dec 2009, 11:13 pm

I haven't even started.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 3:26 am

My goal was to be finished my Christmas shopping by mid-November. Didn't happen that way. Went to midnight madness at the mall last weekend, even though it was crazy busy, people seemed to be in a good mood. Not the usual cranky and shoving moods you might see. :lol: I just have a few more things to get and I'm done my shopping. Hate wrapping the gifts though.
Back to top Go down
JJ
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 4:54 pm

Still haven't started any Christmas shopping. No hurry.

I did get out the decorations last night though. They are still in boxes, but I did bring them upstairs.

Even managed to put up 2 things. :lol:

Does this count for getting in the spirit?
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 7:06 pm

JJ wrote:
Still haven't started any Christmas shopping. No hurry.

I did get out the decorations last night though. They are still in boxes, but I did bring them upstairs.

Even managed to put up 2 things. :lol:

Does this count for getting in the spirit?

All depends on how big that bottle of 'spirit' is and if you're gonna share ;)

:lol:
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 7:26 pm

Well, except for hubby's subscription and two small gifts for the daughers' boyfriends I'm finally done. Did the youngest's yesterday.......can't really get much for her at a mall, so finally found her a vintage cedar chest on KJ. Picked it up and hit a small mall in the town where I got the chest. Wandered into one of those trendy clothing stores and was looking around. The perky young thing behind the counter comes over and asks "can I help you find anything?". Told her I was just looking for something else to give my daughter. She asks me how old she is so I tell her 24. She has "just the thing" !!!!!!! Skips over to the far wall and holds out this flimsy, glittery tank top that would be great for clubbing. One look and I replied "uhh, that's definitely NOT my daughter. In answer to her puzzled look I replied, "think tats, piercings and recently deceased dreds"..........."ohhhhhh, well maybe she'd like something in a Tshirt and heads for the guys section. Out she pulls this nice black T, turns it around for me to admire the decorative swirls and designs, surrounding......get this.......MIAMI INK !!!!

Ummm, no thanks.....don't think she wants to advertise a TV show either. She's more along the lines of "I don't do IDIOTS..................unless they're HOT!

Luckily I did manage to find a couple of things that lean more towards her style.

Now all I have to do is wrap it all, get it in the mail, decorate the house, find the tree and decide what outdoor decorations I don't want to put up this year.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 7:32 pm

DONE<DONE>DONE I am so done now tree is up and decorated gifts are wrapped all the outsied decortations are up and plugghed in,last of the gifts for canada went out on Friday.

Now someone pass me a beer,I earned it

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 8:27 pm

Hands Yorkie a beer. You really do deserve it. How do you find time to shop for the children?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 9:04 pm

I do it while they are in school,race home unload the truck hide everything and tell them I was home all day,shopping for the canadian ones is the tricky part,have to shop early,wrap everything,then box it and wrap the damn box then get it in the mail in plenty of time to make it to the grandkids before christmas

Make that vodka

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 9:55 pm

I have gifts bought...some are even wrapped. Best part of all, we have actually sold our house and moving next week. Yup, exactly two weeks before Christmas we are picking up and moving!!! The plan is we'll move Friday.......unpack Saturday........put up the tree, decorate the house and put up lights outside on Sunday. Now you know where the user name "crazymom" comes from!!!!! The kids keep talking about Christmas and Santa.....hubby and I keep talking about boxes, moving vans and lawyer appointments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 10:13 pm

Yikes...sounds like a big plan..Hope you can accomplish everything. And maintain your sanity. Good luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 10:44 pm

Christmas dinner is at my house this year............I will once again have a dishwasher!!!!!!!!!!!

Kbullet, if you're out there, I didn't share my cheese toast but you are invited for Christmas dinner. You have to load the dishwasher, though. 🎅
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sat 05 Dec 2009, 10:59 pm

crazymom wrote:
Yup, exactly two weeks before Christmas we are picking up and moving!!! The plan is we'll move Friday.......unpack Saturday........put up the tree, decorate the house and put up lights outside on Sunday.

Have you lost your mind??? I would be in total shutdown mode just thinking about it, let alone doing it. Hope it all goes smooth as silk..........if not, then I hear there's some vodka floating around here. ;)
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   Sun 06 Dec 2009, 9:06 pm

crazymom wrote:
Christmas dinner is at my house this year............I will once again have a dishwasher!!!!!!!!!!!

Kbullet, if you're out there, I didn't share my cheese toast but you are invited for Christmas dinner. You have to load the dishwasher, though. 🎅

Just send me the address! LOL... Loading the dishwasher is nothing for a free meal. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas shopping in one day.........   

Back to top Go down

Christmas shopping in one day.........
Page 1 of 1