Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Empty
PostSubject: I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...   I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011, 11:16 am

couldn't help it some of you ladies are rubbing off on me. With your doggy dressers full of doggy clothes and bows for your little princesses. LOL I haven't had any luck lately trimming my dog's nails, even when using a dremmel. This is from months of getting to trimming the last nail and my dog flinching, so I can expect to hit a quik (sp?) when having to trim her nails. Which has made her dislike me trimming her nails. I can do it if I have a second person help with distracting while I trim. but getting a second person to help isn't always easy.

So after agility class today, I decided I would pay to have her nails done as I'm starting to lose patience with her when it comes to nail trimming. I walk in to the dog groomers, with my dog and her muzzle in my pocket. Didn't end up needing the muzzle. I look at the cost of nail trimming and it also includes ear cleaning, it's a board hanging up on their wall with the prices. Fine, I decide since it's included, I would get that done too. Bath, I gave my dog that last night. But then on the board, I see nail polishing for a few bucks more. :o I got for it, after her nail trimming which went through so smoothly, I distracted her with treats while the dog groomer trimmed those nails down, we tried the red. But the red nail polish was too light on her black nails, so we went with silver, which was a little better.

I said I would never do the nail polish thing. The groomer mentioned to me about her ordering hot pink nail polish which should show up really nice on black nails. So next nail trimming, we're going for the hot pink polish. LOL
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...   I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011, 11:22 am

Haha, that is awesome BBE. I hope your girl looks very pretty!!
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...   I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011, 11:30 am

Thanks Kewl, I hope the hot pink turns out nice when we go to get that done.

As we were waiting in the lobby area, which is really small. This lady walks in with her Yorkie. I gave my dog the leave it command because I know as soon as they walk in, she will want to investigate and play with the dog. Turns out the Yorkie loves to play with big dogs. So as the Yorkie is coming closer to my dog to get her to play, my dog is trying to pet the Yorkie on top of it's head. lol I really want a Yorkie, but that will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...   I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011, 11:34 am

You need to get pics of the nail polish!
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...   I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011, 11:35 am

even though mine are boys bows go in their hair and they have sweaters and yes ALAS I even bought them t shirts
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...   I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011, 11:40 am

Bullet, the silver didn't turn out as nice as I thought it might. It makes her nails look dirty, but then they always did look dirty from walking on the gravel driveway and muddy ground. I'll try to get a pic and post it later today.

Yorkie, bows on little boys dogs. lol I betcha they look cute in bows. You'll have to post pics of them in their new t-shirts.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...   I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011, 11:50 am

they rarely hold still long enough to take a pic of anything,I am tired from watching them run and play
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...   I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011, 2:02 pm

Well BBE if my princess wears nail polish why shouldn't yours. 😕 Bwaahaha. What I found a lot easier with my big border collie who hates his nails being trimmed its use a small pair of hoof trimmers and I pick his feet up same as a horse while someone else bribes him with treats. I'm liking Yorkies new twin terrors. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...   I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011, 2:08 pm

thank you pooper,I am liking them more and more
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...   I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2011, 8:08 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
Well BBE if my princess wears nail polish why shouldn't yours. 😕 Bwaahaha. What I found a lot easier with my big border collie who hates his nails being trimmed its use a small pair of hoof trimmers and I pick his feet up same as a horse while someone else bribes him with treats. I'm liking Yorkies new twin terrors. Smile Smile Smile

:lol: My princess is more of a tomboy, bull in a china shop. She's just not the dainty girly type dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...   I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I said I would never do this to my dog but I did ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Dogs-
Jump to: