Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FISH! FISH! FISH!

Go down 
+3
mcpug
yorkiemom
HoodieCrow
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 6:24 pm

mcpug wrote:
hoodie its the perfect time of year to have fish shipped, trust me I had all my fish shipped in from across Canada, my swords came from Edmonton in the dead of winter and all survived.

Check aquabid.com, they usually have a wide variety of endlers, the shipping can be expensive but endlers will multiply quickly and you can probably sell them to local fish shops for a decent price.

Not sure where you are from but see if there is a local aquarium society, i am sure you could find endlers there as well, they are a very popular fish with "fish people"

I called into a store about 30 minutes away and they can get them in whenever I'm ready for them. Smile

Thank you for all of your help Mcpug! I'll post pics when the tanks has finished cycling and the new denizens are situated. Of course, it'll be a few weeks, but I'm excited!
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Apr 2011, 6:28 pm

If you get addicted and feel you need another tank lol

I would be happy to exchange fry with you!

I love live bearing fish they are so interesting and hardy.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 9:27 am

mcpug wrote:
If you get addicted and feel you need another tank lol

I would be happy to exchange fry with you!

I love live bearing fish they are so interesting and hardy.

I just might. I'm enjoying researching so much, that I can only hope that in practice it'll be just as fun. We should be approaching the full cycle soon. I'm going to have the water tested on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 3:26 pm

👍
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011, 1:05 pm

Ok, so the little guy's five gallon has been cycled for awhile, and was awaiting some Endler's that I had a lead on.

They finally came in a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, they are not pure strain, and have guppy blood too. I chose the four smallest ones that looked most like Endler's (two males, two females) plus one Albino Cory Cat to clean up fallen foodbits.
He ate my three trumpet snails, however, and now I'm looking for an alternative, small snail that will be able to hide from the Cory (who obviously likes escargot).

Any tips? I don't want an Apple Snail, since they grow far too large. Nerites? Just get a bunch more Trumpets and hope they reproduce fast enough?

Anyhow, I'll try and get some fish photos tonight to share. Smile I'm kind of fond of the little guys.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011, 2:08 pm

You just talk with that Cory Cat and tell him his taste is far too expensive for you and he'll have to go back to fish flakes.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011, 2:32 pm

kbullet wrote:
You just talk with that Cory Cat and tell him his taste is far too expensive for you and he'll have to go back to fish flakes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

Haha!
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 11:51 pm

Alright, I managed (somehow because Fish-photos are HARD to get) to snap a few semi-clear pictures of the males.

For some reason, the flash turned the smaller of the two bright blue. He really isn't blue in person, but coloured more like the other male with a soft, blue tinge.

FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 03endlersguppyhybridmale1
FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 0endlersguppyhybridmale1

Same male, actual colours:
FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 02endlersguppyhybridmale1

Other male:
FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 04endlersguppyhybridmale1

They are much, much prettier in person. I'm going to try photos again soon.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 9:37 am

They are cute!
Back to top Go down
Jerseyfivedogs
Warmed up
Warmed up
Jerseyfivedogs

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 9:56 am

They are very pretty fish. Smile
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 11:33 pm

Thanks guys. Smile

Liam got a new 10 gallon for his birthday that I set up and moved the fish into for him. They are doing well, and it looks like we might get some fry quite soon.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 3:24 pm

Update!

From both baby drops, only two fry made it to visible status. I'm assuming the rest became food. I'm hoping these two stay out of the bigger fishes way until they are larger-than-mouth sized.

One is dark and likes to hide amongst the dark gravel, the other is light, a bit larger, and a bit braver. I see him/her darting in and out of the plants often.

Since the move to the ten gallon, we added another Cory Cat of the same species but wild colour to keep our albino company, and replaced the Trumpet Snails with larger versions. So far, so good. Smile
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 11:13 am

Oh my... where do I start.

We were having water quality issues with the 10 gallon, even with frequent water changes. I suspect it had something to do with the rate at which the Guppies were reproducing. So... we switched to a 20. (Thanks to KB and her hubby for the help with that task!)

Goose's 20 gallon now houses 7 Guppies/Endler's hybrids (we lost quite a few to illness before the switch, and re-homed a ton of fry.) one pure male Endler's, three Cory Cats: the albino, (which ended up being an albino Peppered, not Bronze as we had thought), a wild-type Peppered, and a Bronze that all school together, three Ghost Shrimp, and a bunch of Red Cherry Shrimp.

I was able to get a hold of two breeding pairs of pure Endler's Livebearers last week. Back up went the 10 gallon...
In there, are four adult Endlers, and their fry. I'm trying to get my hands on some Blue Pearl Shrimp to put in there for clean-up as well.

Mcpug, you were right. I went from wanting to have a nice, simple little 5 gallon for my son, to now having two full -blown tanks. :X I saw another species that piqued my interest, but I'm resisting the urge to pop-up another 10 gallon. (Candy-cane Goby... the cute...)

This brings me to my next question. Do any of you other aquarists have any Java Moss? It is IMPOSSIBLE to find in my area. I'd be willing to pay for the moss and shipping.

Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 4:15 pm

You are very welcome my love. Anytime for you and squeeze.

Maybe this is the real reason Drew won't let me have fish, he knows it won't stop at a small tank.
Back to top Go down
HoodieCrow
Warmed up
Warmed up
HoodieCrow

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 5:10 pm

kbullet wrote:
You are very welcome my love. Anytime for you and squeeze.

Maybe this is the real reason Drew won't let me have fish, he knows it won't stop at a small tank.

This is truth.

I found the Blue Shrimp. /shame
Now I need to arrange to pick them up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FISH! FISH! FISH!   FISH! FISH! FISH! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FISH! FISH! FISH!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2