Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Antisocial Behavior?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Antisocial Behavior?  Empty
PostSubject: Antisocial Behavior?    Antisocial Behavior?  Icon_minitimeSat 12 Feb 2011, 11:04 pm

I came across some topics on a debate forum. Some are not really debate topics but interesting topics that I thought would be interesting to post on here and get the opinions of members here.

Below is the post in its entirety by the OP on the other forum.

"According to http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-antisocial-behavior.htm individuals with antisocial behavior disorders are responsible for about half of all crimes committed.

Do you think it is unhealthy to be antisocial? I think in some cases it maybe good for some individuals."
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Antisocial Behavior?    Antisocial Behavior?  Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011, 3:27 pm

I don't think the link really describes someone who is "antisocial" IMO

It describes someone who lacks empathy but not my definition of antisocial.

To me someone who is antisocial is withdrawn, quiet, shy, enjoys time alone, may feel awkward or anxious in social situations, may avoid social situations.

Someone who harms animals or sets fires, lies and is manipulative is someone who lacks empathy for other living things, which I do believe is dangerous. Empathy is one of the major emotions or characteristics which set humans apart from animals, and if you lack empathy you lack the ability to understand how your actions effect other people/living beings which makes a pretty dangerous person.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Antisocial Behavior?    Antisocial Behavior?  Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011, 1:55 pm

My thoughts exactly McPug.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Antisocial Behavior?    Antisocial Behavior?  Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 12:04 am

I must disagree.

They are referring to behavioural disorders that are clearly linked to criminal behaviour, and I believe you are referring to a character trait of being introverted.

It is okay to be introverted (I am!) but not so okay to be diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder. There is quite a big difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antisocial Behavior?    Antisocial Behavior?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Antisocial Behavior?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: