Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Let Them Go

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Let Them Go   Sat 12 Feb 2011, 10:43 pm

I came across some topics on a debate forum. Some are not really debate topics but interesting topics that I thought would be interesting to post on here and get the opinions of members here. Reading some of the replies on the other thread to the OP's topic was sad. The ones where some have had to cut their mother off from their life.

Below is the post in its entirety by the OP on the other forum.

"If there is someone in your life that lets you down over and over and over again, do you cut them loose and let them go? What if it is your own mother?"
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: Let Them Go   Sat 12 Feb 2011, 11:08 pm

Well sometimes things are easier said than done. I have had issues with my father since I was a little girl and while I love him dearly, I can not take the emotional toll. Over the years I cut him out of my life and then I start to feel bad and slowly let him back in just to be hurt again. About 3 years ago I cut him off again and we didn't speak until this past fall. My father is not well in mind, body or spirit so for me I am at a point of always keeping this top of mind. I would do anything for him but I also have to know that he is who he is and he will never change and I have to learn to accept him for who he is. My feeling on this is that I have to love him and accept him for who he is but I also do not have to set myself up to be hurt. He is getting old and his health is not great so I have decided to take what I can for now and just keep praying for him. I couldn't live with the guilt of not talking to him in case something bad happens to him.

Don't compromise yourself. It's all you got
 Janis Joplin
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Let Them Go   Sun 13 Feb 2011, 1:05 am

hmmmmmmm,I cut my sister out of my life many years ago,my mother told me if I couldn't say something nice to say nothing so I don;t,not for about thirty years nowand I have never looked back

cold hearted bitch that I am

PostSubject: Re: Let Them Go   Sun 13 Feb 2011, 7:19 am

I think it would depend on what they've done. My husband and I were talking about this the other day.

I said that I have forgiven some people that have screwed me over because the only person it hurt while I was angry was me... I'm the only one holding that in and its not like they felt it. He thinks I should just learn to be more indifferent but its not a skill I have.

Settling in

PostSubject: Re: Let Them Go   Sun 13 Feb 2011, 11:08 am

My husband has never once regret cutting his mother out of our lives, she should in all honesty be in a mental hospital. Even my stepson was scared of her, he was 2 at the time hubby and I got together. The day after our wedding she wanted us to get a divorce because she was angry that my hubby thanked my parents more then his mother in his speech. When we were leaving for our honeymoon she delivered a big box to my parents house. It was everything we had ever given her...even all pictures of her grandson, that was it... we cut her out and have never looked back. She's phoned twice in the last 8yrs...drunk in the middle of the night.

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let Them Go   Sun 13 Feb 2011, 1:52 pm

There are times that I would like to cut certain family members out of my life. But like Kewl mentioned, it is easier said than done. I figure if I don't land this job that I applied for, then will look into moving out of the area when my youngest is ready to start high school. Maybe not being so close (in the same city / town) will make things easier for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let Them Go   

Back to top Go down

Let Them Go
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: