Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs Empty
PostSubject: Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs   Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 6:15 am

If so.. what and why...

This is a growing education for me.. I am starting to look at natural ways and remedies for different things. I am trying to educate myself. So I would be interested in picking all of your brains.. LOL

Right now. I have oil of oregano-- I use it for everything.. LOVE IT

I take vitamin d- a multivitamin... some vitamin C and omega 3

I want to learn more about herbs ( I know pooper) I am hoping this can be an educational thread
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs   Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 12:08 pm

Pooper is the greatest! lol

Does anyone know anything about pain medication that is herbal?

I swear Im killing my liver a little everyday with Tylenol and Advil.. Its starting to bother me. I would love to go with something, that is not as hard on the liver.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs   Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 7:26 am

depends on the pain:

For migraines I use cinnamon (when I have a headache) same idea as one of those migraine sticks. You make a paste with water and put it on your temples...cooling effect. If I find I am getting them more frequently, I take Niacin tablets. For me advil is a last resort.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs   Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 11:19 pm

I use only herbal, a pain control herb that has been used for centuries is "white willow bark". It can be purchased at herbal retailers or you can order and plant the trees and grow your own. It does grow here, I have found it near lakes and marsh lands.

General dosing guidelines for willow bark are as follows:

•Dried herb (used to make tea): boil 1 - 2 tsp of dried bark in 8 oz of water and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes; let steep for ½ hour; drink 3 - 4 cups daily.

•Powdered herb (available in capsules) or liquid: 60 - 240 mg of standardized salicin per day; talk to your doctor before taking a higher dose.

•Tincture (1:5, 30% alcohol): 4 - 6 mL three times per day.

Tinctures take six weeks to make but are the most effective method to extract herbal healing properties. Vinegar can also be used but the tinctures are...well vinegary.

For identification purposes...pic 1 is what to look for in the spring and pic 2 is when the leaves are mature. I am sure we have all seen them.

Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs Whitewilllow1

Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs Whitewillow
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Settling in
Settling in
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs   Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009, 12:32 am

I just use the willow bark from our neighbours tree Shocked HAHAHA I am kidding

I do take Vit D though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs   Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do any of you take supplements or any type of herbs
Page 1 of 1