Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tomorrow's the day,

Go down 
+2
Boston
BigBrownEyes29
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Tomorrow's the day, Empty
PostSubject: Tomorrow's the day,   Tomorrow's the day, Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 9:10 pm

that I go to see the Body Worlds exhibit. What's nice is I took the day off work, so won't have to deal with the bologna that's been going on at work. Not so nice, have to get up at 3 am, be at the high school for 5:15am. Also glad that I won't have to chaperone a large group of kids, only 8 (that's including my son in the group).
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's the day,   Tomorrow's the day, Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 9:15 pm

I thought the exhibit was fantastic BBE. So much to learn and see.

I hope you and your son have a great time. And awesome news that your group is so small.

Have fun!!
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's the day,   Tomorrow's the day, Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 10:04 pm

Oh good to hear you are viewing the exhibit...it's very cool. Smile Smile Smile Hope your son enjoys it.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's the day,   Tomorrow's the day, Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 5:27 am

I never got to see it... Please tell us all about it..

I hope you enjoy your day... You deserve it Tomorrow's the day, Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Trinnity
Trinnity

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's the day,   Tomorrow's the day, Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 2:41 pm

It's a fantastic opportunity!

Can't wait to hear all about it!
Back to top Go down
Mousey
Warmed up
Warmed up
Mousey

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's the day,   Tomorrow's the day, Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 9:10 pm

so...How was it?? Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's the day,   Tomorrow's the day, Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 12:51 am

Got back home around 9pm, it was a 4 hour drive. Realized that people in Toronto are crazy drivers and I don't know how they can own a vehicle and waste gas sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. Maybe I shouldn't generalize not all Toronto drivers, but quite a lot.

The World Body exhibit was awesome. I think I mentioned on another forum how I was against it at first, but started to get curious about it and glad that I had the opportunity to see it. I got to see the various weeks of embyos all the way to approximately a 24 week old fetus. A spine of someone who had scoliosis. The lungs of a healthy person and the lungs of a smoker. Though I will admit the lungs of a healthy person are not really all that healthy looking when you add in the pollution they are inhaling. I saw hip bones where the right side was normal and the left side had hip dysplacia. A lung with a tumor on it. Got to hold a plasticized kidney, liver, and heart. It really doesn't feel like plastic, more like rubber. Saw a sliced portion of the brain where a person had a stroke that lead to a brain hemorrhage. Much more.

If you ever get a chance to see the exhibit, I would highly recommend going but don't be a chaperone on a school trip (lol ... will tell you about that another day). Below are pics off the net of the exhibits that they had there. We weren't allowed to take pictures but there were a few in there going camera happy, I'm surprised nothing was said to them. Didn't want to take the chance because with my luck, I would have gotten kicked out of the exhibit. Also Gunther Van Hagen has many more exhibits that were not on display at the Ontario Science Centre. I would one day like to his Las Vegas exhibit, as I heard that one was really good to see.

Tomorrow's the day, 2135

Tomorrow's the day, California-science-center-body-worlds-gunther-von-hagens-lovers-michele-roohani

Tomorrow's the day, Body
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomorrow's the day,   Tomorrow's the day, Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow's the day,
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: