Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I am sure hope it is nothing serious

Go down 
+4
BigBrownEyes29
Boston
Kewl Chick
Mini
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

I am sure hope it is nothing serious Empty
PostSubject: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:32 pm

My buddy, my friend.. is sick...

He has been throwing up for the past couple of days. everything he eats. Took him down to boiled potatos, rice and hamberger....He still is drake.. energy wise.. still drinking water... but who knows with this boy... Still wants to work.. as he was chasing coyotes for me last night even though I frickin called him back. he is in retirement. We have him on lock down right now.. hates it. Goes outside with a leash. Hates it...... Yes I talked to both my vets... but there is alot of stuff I am going to try first. HIs quality of life is my number one. Putting him through tests and stuff.. is not going to happen ( no slack on this one) But this decision that we made is the decision for him. We don't know his age and he has other problems that we have been able to control thus far with herbal remedies. I won't let him suffer. But quality of life is number one. I am hoping it may be a bad bag of kibble or a bug he picked up..... the next couple of days I will be able to tell.. If he is holding down any food. Keep him in your thoughts cause gosh.. if it is negative.. this decision if I have to make it- will kill me
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:39 pm

Aww. I hope Drake just ate something bad or has a bug and it is nothing serious. I will be keeping you guys in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:42 pm

Thinking of both you and Drake.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:54 pm

Hoping it's just a bug he picked up and nothing more. Wishing Drake a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:58 pm

Thanks guys. his gums are pink.. his temp is good.. I have him on some really strong meds......( antiboitics) just in case... and really small meals... I don't know if it is the kibble.. all the other dogs seem fine.. argggggg.. but who knows. he could of developed a sensitive stomach,

I know have to go buy peptid for his tummy.......... but I need to keep something down him... that is my concern. He is well hydrated.. and I as going to give him sub q fluids last night.. but I saw him drinking. hard to tell when the water bucket.. is shared by lots of critters.... arggggggggggggg.. I hate when they get sick........ but he is normal.. except for the vomitting..... so I really hope it is nothing serious.. Because I love all my dogs.. but Drake..... he is special.. can't describe it.

I wish to damn I could stick him in Boscos old kennel.. easier to monitor things.......BUt alas I can't.. the stress of the kennel would kill him.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 2:13 pm

ahhhhhhhh,Mini I am sorry,but it really sounds like a bug he has picked up
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 3:40 pm

I hope he's going to be ok.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 6:56 pm

It sounds like his vitals are alright and it likely is a temporary illness. As long as he's hydrated hopefully he will be back to normal in the next few days. I wonder if it would be an idea to not feed him anything for 24 hours to give his stomach a break and then just as you are doing really small meals numerous times a day. My Princess has always had a sensitive tummy and I give her Pepto every time she has an episode and it helps her in a few hours. Not the same thing I know but I find it soothing to both the dogs and the horses when they are colicky. My best thoughts for Drake and also you Mini.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 1:38 am

Fuck... I think it is a bad batch of dog food.. Bandit is now throwing up.. Gunner didn't touch his food.... So bag is out.. all the dogs got a treat tonight of their wet food... Cause I am not going to trust it.. and they are all getting a round of antiboitics.. My vet said this may be it.. and to watch them all.... like a hawk...

Drake hasn't thrown up at all today.. Bandit started when I was at work.. but his vitals are good.... so are everyone else...

Going to be an expensive round of antiboitics.. no sign of vomit outside with the working dogs.. but I am not going to take any chances.. Damn KIRKLAND.. any warning lately.... that you all know of
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 2:30 am

Mini wrote:
Fuck... I think it is a bad batch of dog food.. Bandit is now throwing up.. Gunner didn't touch his food.... So bag is out.. all the dogs got a treat tonight of their wet food... Cause I am not going to trust it.. and they are all getting a round of antiboitics.. My vet said this may be it.. and to watch them all.... like a hawk...

Drake hasn't thrown up at all today.. Bandit started when I was at work.. but his vitals are good.... so are everyone else...

Going to be an expensive round of antiboitics.. no sign of vomit outside with the working dogs.. but I am not going to take any chances.. Damn KIRKLAND.. any warning lately.... that you all know of

Oh shit...not heard of any food warnings. Good though that Drake has stopped puking. Hope it resolves soon. Geezzz it sucks when a product we buy causes shit like this if it's the food.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 7:06 am

Tank eats Kirkland and he is fine... but I'll let you know if that changes at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 6:26 pm

Mine are all on Kirkland too, no problems here. Could they have eaten something else?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeTue 07 Dec 2010, 11:26 pm

My dog has been on Kirkland also and is doing fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 9:38 am

Update mini, how are the dogs?
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 12:17 pm

sorry guys.. no dogs.. are all good..

I switched them all over to prism.. fast switch which I hate to do ... .but no more issues... back to being their pain in my butt selfs.. lol..

but now one of my pugs has loose poop.. never stops around here.. ha ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 12:34 pm

That's good to hear Drake is feeling better. For the Pug, I think it's canned pure pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie filler) to get some solid poopies out of him / her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am sure hope it is nothing serious   I am sure hope it is nothing serious Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am sure hope it is nothing serious
Page 1 of 1