Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HELP PLEASE!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 9:12 pm

Okay so any of you gals that talk to me pretty regularily know that I have pretty much acquired a cat. I don't know his name so we call him Blacky and I have been feeding him for months now and he is more attentive than my own cat. Well today Hubby is looking out the window and tells me something is really wrong with Blacky so out I go in my jammies and he walks two steps and stumbles and once I get close enough to him I realize his back leg is giving him major problems, he can still walk on it but stumbles. I tried to go to his house but big surprise the assholes don't answer the door so I made him a bed in a box and he went right to it. Well I was gone all day and he hasn't left his box that I set up for him and it is cold out there.
I brought him inside because the coldness can't be good for him and I am wondering if there is anything like baby aspirin that I can give to him to alleviate some of his pain? Please help!! I may have to call the vet tomorrow and try and bring him in if he doesn't appear better but I don't think hubby likes that option as he really isn't our responsibility but he needs me and I promised him I would make him better. Help please if there is anything I can do that any of you cat people know about.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 10:15 pm

Sorry, I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 11:43 pm

I am thinking a baby asprin would not hurt him,but as bad as I hate to say this see if you can find catlady on kijiji
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 1:07 am

I don't think a half a baby aspirin would hurt him either. I am guessing he has likely dislocated his hip. Cats are very loose jointed and a vet would be the best option to see what's really wrong. I have acquired a new cat also and it's a wild little bastard. Can't get near it...hope it isn't a female. It's friggin cold here so I've got no option but to feed and home it in the barn. Showed up a couple of weeks ago but it's so wild and smart. Why do they have to be so cute and fuzzy and a pain in the ass at the same time. Mad
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 7:37 am

Oh pooper, my husband struggles with that question too... hence why I have 3 cats instead of 2... and why he allows our middle cat to annoy the hell out of us every damn night.

She has recently taken to sitting in my face in the morning and meowing. Certainly makes me want to shorten her life.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 10:34 am

Well I did some reading last night and they say a quarter of a tablet every 3-4 days but it can be toxic and fatal so I am not gonna give it to him. He was walking a bit this morning and struggled just a bit but he went into the litter box and did his business so he does seem a bit better today but I asked hubby to keep his eye on him while I am at work. I found out there is an animal assistance program and I am going to call them and see if they can help him. I asked around about the HS but apparently if they take him they will euthanize him as they won't put any money into him. I do kinda love this little guy and I am hoping for the best for him.
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 11:01 am

good luck with him Kewl,hopefully you will find some help for him,looks like you have a new cat
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 2:57 pm

pooperscooper wrote:
I don't think a half a baby aspirin would hurt him either. I am guessing he has likely dislocated his hip. Cats are very loose jointed and a vet would be the best option to see what's really wrong. I have acquired a new cat also and it's a wild little bastard. Can't get near it...hope it isn't a female. It's friggin cold here so I've got no option but to feed and home it in the barn. Showed up a couple of weeks ago but it's so wild and smart. Why do they have to be so cute and fuzzy and a pain in the ass at the same time. Mad

Sounds like the 3 that I have, and can relate to Bullets thoughts of wanting to end his life short. I keep telling him, it's a damn good thing you're cute because that's all you have going for you. lol

Kewl, I really don't have any advice, I can see both your POV and your hubby's.
Back to top Go down
Kewl Chick
Kewl Chick

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 8:16 pm

K, today sucks big fat ass!!!

I came home and Blacky who appeared to be doing well went downhill badly. When I went to check on him he was moving around but the discomfort was evident and I noticed his one side looked like it had a big lump on it. I called the next town's humane society as I heard they are a no kill shelter and arranged to bring him there and that I would be there shortly after they close and was told that someone would be there to meet me. Well turns out google maps are not always the best and so we get lost and lose about 20 minutes or so by the time I call their after hours and get put through to an animal control officer on duty to get proper directions. Well we get there and low and behold there is noone anywhere to be found. So I get back on the phone with the afterhours and get put on hold forever and turns out they can't reach anyone there although there were people there as lights were on and doors were wide open in their gated area.

So long story short I had to use one of the cat carriers they had there and leave my little buddy outside in the hopes that someone would be there and take him inside soon. I am heartbroken and needless to say all I wanna do is cry!! Now where is my rock to crawl under and cry?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 8:44 pm

Oh Kewl that is awful,I know how attached you had become to him, I am so sorry
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 11:49 pm

Kewl...hopefully Blackie will be taken care of, stop stressing you did the best you could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HELP PLEASE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP PLEASE!!!   HELP PLEASE!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP PLEASE!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Cats-
Jump to: