Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can't believe some vets...

Go down 
+3
BigBrownEyes29
yorkiemom
Mini
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Can't believe some vets... Empty
PostSubject: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 2:01 pm

So went to my sisters who uses a vet in spruce grove.... well her dog has an umbilcal cord hernia which should of been fixed when the dog was neutered... Well, the vet said to her that it has to be fixed at a cost of 600 plus.. OMG.. yeah not going to accept that.. what a cash cow..

Based on her vet saying it is an emergency.. which it is not btw.. I saw the dog and inspected the hernia... to make my sister feel better..... as she is convinced he needs the surgery now because of the damn smucks that she took the dog too..

I said fine.. but do the surgery with one of my vets... are you ready.. I booked her an appointment.. anywhere from 120 to 150 bucks depending on the size. which it is really small.. so she is coming out here on wednesday.. even with gas she still saves 400 bucks.

Even my vet was mad on the phone. He said it was just a cash cow for that vet...he says you would be surprised on what some vets do to make more money. OR.. that isn't it.. They said her dog has allergies and 300 plus dollar later.. and a whole bunch of useless medicine.. I said just call me... next time..... cause seriously this shit makes me mad.. no wonder their is some animal abuse due to vet abuse in my mind... arggggggggggggggg..

I am so lucky I have my vets. I know you guys are sick of hearing it.. but I don't know what I would do without them...
this just pisses me off. You also have to understand my sister is complete opposite of me, she is an introvert (SP) and won't say boo..

She was going to go to barrhead herself.. I was like.. hmm ya you don't know my vets sense of humor.. I better come too.. lol..

she was also amazed when I said we would be there for about an hour, then take her dog home. She was like doesn't he have to stay all day. Her other vet said he had to stay all day at a charge of 100 bucks.. I am like NO, it is a minor surgery. She is concerned about recovery time as they are going away on vacation.. I was like.. hmm no worries dear, this surgery is like castration..

You know what her vet said, she had to check it everyday.. they tried to instill fear in her.. what a load of shit. It is a tiny imbilcal hernia..she doesn't even need the surgery.. but knowing her, she had to have it done to keep her mind at ease.. So glad she is using one of my vets because her vet would probably try to get more dough out of her, using these tactics....

Just pisses me off to no end.. damn vets
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 2:10 pm

I swear my vets should give me referral credits.. lol

So last week, a nurse friend of mine phoned me. Her son rushed their mastiff to argg the vets I took to court. 400 plus dollars later.. he has a torn asl. the quote was outrageous.. Plus they gave her the wrong pain meds for a dog at that size for 175 bucks. So I met her at work and gave her pain meds ( I asked my vet first) then she took her dog for asl surgery at my other vets. He charged her 1200 dollars, which includes shots, microchip, some other meds for her horses, horse dewormer and the surgery itself..... compared to a min. of 3000 dollar surgery in the city or at the vets I hate.....

Plus as she just kicked her old man out ( abusive) she needed to do payment plan.. and gosh I love my vet. she could do payment plans. I told her just to tell him when I gave her his phone number that I sent her to him... lol..

The best part of it.. she said, she told him my name.. and he said..."the crazy animal lady.. lol... and laughed. She didn't get his joke. Then he said. Which makes me feel good... He said that woman should be a vet.. LOL but is going to make an awesome or tec. she can scrub in with me any day. Aww that brought tears to my eyes.. You would have to understand him... yorkie knows him.......
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 3:06 pm

and I love him dearly,he is a good man and has quite the attitude and sense of humour when you get to know him

I suppose he would frown on you giving him a big old kiss from me LOL

Tell him I wore out my I love my vet T shirt he got me I need a new one
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 3:35 pm

Though my vet is not one of the cheaper ones in the area, he is one of very few that is not afraid of the my dog because of her breed. I know this because when I go into his office, I don' t have to muzzle my dog who hasn't growled, nor snapped, nor given any body language signs that she's uncomfortable and will bite. I have no problems muzzling my dog, especially when she is in pain (ie. ear infection), it's just nice to come across a vet who is pretty good at reading dog body language.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2010, 6:21 pm

My Shih Tzu's umbilical hernia was repaired during his neuter surgery at and added cost of $50. I can't believe your sisters vet did not do it then. He also came home the same day.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 1:26 am

hi mini

Last edited by Amomma on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 1:35 am

the coop is still there I think Iga has become sobeys now

trying to think of the place you might have been buying jeans

I hated Peavey Mart and still do,they made me mad before I ever got in the door
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 6:51 pm

that is ridiculous!!! I had a pup growing up who had one and it was noticed when she first had her needles, but it was only fixed when she was spayed!

Now that im in a new town... I need to find me a new vet. Keara is due now, im hoping to find a vet that wont charge me up the ass.

BBE arent you from here? (windsor) Who's your vet? Nakoda is very standoff'ish with new people, awesome with other animals.. I loved how my vet in Sudbury was with him. They had a great relationship within 5 minutes, if I get a shitty vet that might be a different story.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 9:33 pm

Mika, Dr. McKenzie is a great vet. We just took Tank to get his yearlies and it was $123. He is slightly more expensive than the other vets in the city but what I love about him is that he takes the time and will actually talk to you about your dog and remembers them very well. He remembered Tanks ear infection from last year, and Tank hasn't once barked at him, infact, he loves him.
Back to top Go down
MikaKeara
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
MikaKeara

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov 2010, 12:54 am

Thanks Bullet! Ill call him up this week! I researched him, and everything is possitive =0)
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010, 3:02 pm

Mika, just saw your post. Let us know how things go with the vet Bullet recommended. The only reason I use the vet that I have now is because even though he is IMO a little costly, he's the only one out of the few vets that I've had that isn't afraid of Rottweilers. My dog actually gets a good thorough check up, so he's a keeper, even if his rates go up. <<gulp>> I think the vet I use is also a vet another member on here uses as their vet, and they really like him too. <<smiles>>
Back to top Go down
K-Flash
Learning the Ropes
Learning the Ropes
K-Flash

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 3:14 pm

Yikes!!!...I deal with Spruce Grove vet clinic. The vets are wonderful, but the front counter staff leave a little to be desired. I can't ever figure out, what makes them so cranky to the customers. I went in last week to have some skin issues checked out on my old boy & my young boy. Got the old boy's lip dermitis (sp?) issue taken care of, and my young boy had a blood filled "skin tag" of sorts removed from his leg. Of course a biopsy is always important {I'm crossing my fingers & toes it's nothing serious}. Well $450 big ones later.... Shocked :o . {sigh....and people think pets are cheap}.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't believe some vets...   Can't believe some vets... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't believe some vets...
Page 1 of 1