Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Boggy ground

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Boggy ground Empty
PostSubject: Boggy ground   Boggy ground Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 1:54 am

At our

Last edited by stillwood on Sun 29 Nov 2009, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Boggy ground Empty
PostSubject: Boggy Ground   Boggy ground Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 4:36 am

What you refer to as hoof rot I think is the same thing that I refer to as foot rot. I usually don't notice foot rot in the cattle until they start favoring one of their legs - because it is so painful it is noticeable very quickly in the early stages before the cow goes down. For a commericial medication I use Liquidmycin LA - 10-15 cc depending on size - works very fast - animal back to walking normal in 12-24 hours. A couple of the old fashion remedies I am aware of which was used 50 plus years ago is a footbath consisting of a 5%bluestone solution - you can use a kids wading pool and have the animal walk through this footbath twice a day. Bluestone is very toxic and poison so be sure to cover the pool when not in use so your other animals do not drink it. The other method is spraying the animals feet (Hooves, claws etc) with a mixture of creolin and water on a daily basis - this is very stinky stuff. Before you try any of these talk to Pooperscooper as she is the horse expert - these remedies I know are effective on cows but not sure about horses.
Back to top Go down

Boggy ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boggy ground   Boggy ground Icon_minitimeWed 25 Nov 2009, 12:44 am

Thanks

Last edited by stillwood on Sun 29 Nov 2009, 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

Boggy ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boggy ground   Boggy ground Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 12:07 am

Was it stinky like pinetar heated up. ?

Last edited by pooperscooper on Fri 27 Nov 2009, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Boggy ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boggy ground   Boggy ground Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2009, 3:06 am

Yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boggy ground Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boggy ground   Boggy ground Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boggy ground
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Horses-
Jump to: