Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I screwed up...

Go down 
+2
rottnmom
smurry
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

I screwed up... Empty
PostSubject: I screwed up...   I screwed up... Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 10:18 am

I screwed up at work yesterday and I'm the type of person to dwell on everything, I keep replaying it in my head and asking myself why didn't I check this, why didn't I realize what I had done as soon as I had made the mistake, GRRR, anyone else like me? How do I go about my day and forget about the mistake from yesterday???

Pout
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

I screwed up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I screwed up...   I screwed up... Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 10:39 am

smurry wrote:
? How do I go about my day and forget about the mistake from yesterday???

Pout

Same way I dealt with it Saturday..........hit the LC before heading home, downed half a quart of cooler and woke up Sunday with one bitch of a hangover.....and very little stress about the day before. :lol:

Well boss.......I would have called you earlier if the fucking thing had broken down earlier. You would actually have heard from me three hours earlier than you did, if you had answered either one of your damn phones. For that matter if anyone 'up there' had bothered to answer any of the phones I called for those three bloody hours. Yes the temp. on the thermometer ALWAYS has read 47 which gave me no reason to believe I should call you when NOTHING WAS FUCKING WRONG...........so I called you when something was, made all the necessary arrangements while I waited patiently for you to answer your damn phone and LET YOU KNOW as soon as I was able to get hold of you. Don't bite my head off for something out of my control.......it broker AFTER lunch, you didn't answer your phone for three hours and if that temperature has been 'wrong' all this time then part of the 'blame' is on the delivery guys who are supposed to check it before they leave any stock!

I'm in shit, my boss is in shit........and the real culprit is the idiot who installed the NEW compressor Sept. 18th (that has now leaked out all it's freon gas).......which was right after the same fucking thing happened to me on my boss's day off then!!!

And get this...........I DON'T DRINK !!!!

Smurry, I'm right with you in dwelling on stuff like that, even stuff I have no control over. Oh to be an asshole and not give a shit!

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

I screwed up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I screwed up...   I screwed up... Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 10:45 am

Majority of employers are forgiving if you realized you made a mistake, try to fix it and just do your best to never let it happen again. I wouldn't dwell on it, chances are your boss has moved on and forgotten about it.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

I screwed up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I screwed up...   I screwed up... Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 10:48 am

I'm just getting ready to go in to work at a different location than I normally work at. Different location, different ways of doing things, different computer system... I'm screwed and I'll be joining you guys in obsessing later. There's a liquor store on my way home, so I may be obsessing from my "happy place" tonight.

A few words of wisdom my mother gave me years ago:

This too shall pass. Nobody will give a rat's ass about today's mistakes tomorrow anyway.

Ok, so the "rat's ass" part was mine, my mother never swore, but it's just a little more memorable and it makes me smile, dammit.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

I screwed up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I screwed up...   I screwed up... Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 11:41 am

UnhingedMom wrote:

A few words of wisdom my mother gave me years ago:

This too shall pass.

My mom used to tell me that too! Now when dad said it it was usually right before he let one loose (very helpful, eh):lol:
Back to top Go down
smurry
Settling in
Settling in

I screwed up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I screwed up...   I screwed up... Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 11:56 am

Oh Rottn, sounds like you had a rough day too, I hardly ever drink but yeah I would have enjoyed some Kahlua last night if we had any!

I think because it's such a stupid mistake and I should have noticed right away, that is what is bothering me the most, one of the duty managers has already told me not to stress over it, it happens to everyone but I just can't seem to forget about it. It's very frustrating.

Oh I'd love to not give a shit, come home and completely forget about work and focus all my attention on my family. Gah!

Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

I screwed up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I screwed up...   I screwed up... Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 12:13 pm

Can't wait to get back in today and find out from my boss what 'the boss' has to say about our spoiled dairy product total now surpassing the $3,000 mark. Mad

Hopefully most of the produce survives...everything that could be was loaded onto the refrigerated display case, but even 20 ft of it wasn't long enough to hold it all.

Who knows.....I may be job hunting again in the near future if 'he' takes a notion to ditch the one who doesn't 'call him early enough'. Have finally decided I really don't ever want to meet this man face to face.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

I screwed up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I screwed up...   I screwed up... Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 2:45 pm

ahhh.. sorry to hear about your stressful days..

Well not a big mistake.. cause in my industries...mistakes can be very bad..

I worked the night shift this weekend...

On saturday night..I guess I had my scrubs on backwards the wholenight...LMFAO.. didn't notice until the day shift kindly pointed it out.. while laughing their head off...

Have no idea why I didn't notice.. However, I lost alot of weight.. and everything is way too big on me..LMFAO.. but I gave them all something to laugh about.. so I improved their day......

Then I was working with someone that no one will work with. I swear she has a disability ( learning) which is fine. I can work with just about everyone..

She is taking her HCA test. she has been in this field longer then me. She doesn't understand the concept of a sup. After about one hour of trying to explain it to her. I gave up and said. " Have you ever put a tampon in..." same concept different whole. she still didn't get it.. so without going into graphic details I had to explain about tampons and sups.. and the LPN.. was laughing so hard... but I really tried to explain the concept.. but I failed...

Now I am going to bring the LPN a box a tampons for xmas... LOL
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

I screwed up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I screwed up...   I screwed up... Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 9:05 pm

I'm in my happy place.....
I'm in my happy place.....
*hic*

Today did NOT go well.
This too shall pass.
ExLax might help with that.
Back to top Go down
Amomma
Settling in
Settling in
Amomma

I screwed up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I screwed up...   I screwed up... Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 12:58 am

I dwell on work mistakes as well. I get a sense of humiliation, depending on what it is. I feel a deep sense of shame back from junior and senior high school too though. Sounds like I need a psychiatrist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I screwed up... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I screwed up...   I screwed up... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I screwed up...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: