Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dog training treat recipes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Dog training treat recipes Empty
PostSubject: Dog training treat recipes   Dog training treat recipes Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 2:05 pm

Share some of your favourite dog training treat recipes or recipes that you've come across that you would like to try.

Turkey Treats

· 1 lb. ground turkey
· 1 cup oatmeal
· 1 egg
· 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
· garlic powder

Mix all ingredients together using hands and pat into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cool*thoroughly then cut into thick strips. Freeze unused portions and keep the portions you're using refrigerated.

Beef Heart Treats

Slice beef heart into thin slices and put into slow cooker with 3 cups of water. Simmer on low all day (or night if you prefer). Remove and drain. Freeze in bags containing the amount you want for individual use. When you need them, remove from freezer.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Dog training treat recipes   Dog training treat recipes Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:33 pm

I don't make training treats but that might be an idea to consider. My problem is that my dogs are so little everything has to be tiny...calories and such to consider. I used to make them doggy bones that were baked and I have some recipes for those. My mom bought me some doggy bone cookie cutter shapes but they were too big and I had to snap them into such small pieces it wasn't worth the effort and I ended up with a whole lot of crumbs. I usually just cut meat into really small pieces and they really have to work for them. If I can find my cookbook I'll post the recipes for you larger dog owners though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Dog training treat recipes   Dog training treat recipes Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:48 pm

I've got a couple dog treat cookbooks but don't really use them. I dehydrate lung and various other cow parts (if anybody's related to a wholesale butcher, I'll be your new best friend!). I puree beef heart and use cookie cutters to shape them into..... hearts, and dehydrate them. I also do bully sticks. Amazing how quiet it gets around here because most of my family run for the hills when I bring home a case and get out the meat cleaver. I don't really NEED to use a meat cleaver, I just like the effect.

Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Dog training treat recipes   Dog training treat recipes Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 1:13 am

Pooper, if you find that recipe, I would like to try it out. My dog inhales just about anything so I know it will be a hit. Even if I mess up the recipe. lol

Unhinged, I've been searching in ads for anyone selling a dehydrator. The last time I made beef heart treats for my dog, the whole house stunk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog training treat recipes   Dog training treat recipes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dog training treat recipes
Page 1 of 1