Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg Empty
PostSubject: Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg   Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg Icon_minitimeSat 23 Oct 2010, 12:07 pm

I know my pyrs have no prey drive which is great in so many instances but this is getting crazy already.

Every feeding.. the magpies come out. My gunner doesn't bark or chase them off his food. He just backs away as to say- your hungry here my friends I will share. He does this with any animal. One of the reasons he is fed separatly from all animals.

Now I am wageing war against the birds. I am sorry for those that love birds and magpies. But my dog would starve himselve to be the kind gentlemen. I will admit I am a terrible shot with magpies. Only because our pens are interconnected and my luck the .22 will bounce off something and hit one of my furbabies. I can shoot a moving coyote but much bigger target then those birds. I have tried putting drake in the pen that runs along side gunners pen. Because drake has a high prey drive for birds. It works but they sit in gunners pen and take their turns eating from his dish. I would sit out there. But gunner is the slowest eater I have every seen. I think he likes to savour his food. The hubby who is a much better shot with the birds is on days. We are trying to rig a trap for the birds. I am not talking one of 2. Their is at least 12 of them.

So I am waging a war with them. They don't come out until feeding time. I don't want to offend anyone who loves birds. But these things have become a major pain in my ass. Plus the fact that they cost me a fortune in dog food.

I just don't get gunner. He will chase coyotes and stray cats away... he knows which cat belongs but maybe the birds have become his friends.. LMFAO... Our cats do come into his pen and chase the birds away for a few minutes but they won't spend the morning their because gunner is just that slow in eating his food.
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg   Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg Icon_minitimeSat 23 Oct 2010, 12:21 pm

Evil you...Gunner is obviously a birdwatcher, enjoying his close up view and taking magpie notes to send to the Audubon society for their records. :lol:
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg   Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg Icon_minitimeSat 23 Oct 2010, 8:38 pm

<<chuckles>> Mini, is there anyway you can bring Gunner inside of the house just during feeding time?
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg   Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010, 11:17 am

BBE I wish.. but my pyrs are outside dogs. Plus it would take him all day to eat.. cause he would be whining to go outside.

Our house would be too hot for him....

today, I fed him in his dog house, plus it is rainning and snowing.. ( argg) so hopefully the birds stay away.

Tommorrow, we set up traps for the birds.

I know it sounds cruel but those birds can be cruel and quite mean to dogs and other animals. We haven't seen that yet. Only when jack went down... but I don't want to experience the damage their beaks can do......

Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg   Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunner the perfect gentleman... arggg
Page 1 of 1