Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xmas Ideas....

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Xmas Ideas.... Empty
PostSubject: Xmas Ideas....   Xmas Ideas.... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 9:59 pm

My son is 11. I know this sounds off but I'm out of ideas for him. He's getting a PS3 and a laptop but I am lost on little gifts. So he has more to open.

My daughter is so much easier to buy for.....no expensive tastes.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Xmas Ideas.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas Ideas....   Xmas Ideas.... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 11:37 pm

I'm in the same boat, my sons are 11 and 15, and I have gotten them only a few small things. Since I'm on crappy dial-up and my oldest son's iPod won't upload songs, I wanted to get him an iPod touch. It has the WiFi and he can surf the web faster for school research. There's a Star Bucks not far from where I live, so the tower can't be that far away. I know can try and get WiFi but stupid Bell and Cogeco can't seem to get their crap together to bring other options out my way. Not worth sending his current iPod in to get fixed, it will end up costing me more money than what I paid for it. Then he wants a leather desk chair for his computer, saw one someone where can't remember the store for $50. My youngest son is a Star Wars fan, and likes collecting the action figures. I keep telling him in a couple years they will just be sitting there collecting dust as he's getting old and will lose interest in them. My kids don't even know what they want this year for Christmas, other than a couple items, which makes it harder.
Back to top Go down

Xmas Ideas.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas Ideas....   Xmas Ideas.... Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 11:43 pm

BigBrownEyes29 wrote:
I'm in the same boat, my sons are 11 and 15, and I have gotten them only a few small things. Since I'm on crappy dial-up and my oldest son's iPod won't upload songs, I wanted to get him an iPod touch. It has the WiFi and he can surf the web faster for school research. There's a Star Bucks not far from where I live, so the tower can't be that far away. I know can try and get WiFi but stupid Bell and Cogeco can't seem to get their crap together to bring other options out my way. Not worth sending his current iPod in to get fixed, it will end up costing me more money than what I paid for it. Then he wants a leather desk chair for his computer, saw one someone where can't remember the store for $50. My youngest son is a Star Wars fan, and likes collecting the action figures. I keep telling him in a couple years they will just be sitting there collecting dust as he's getting old and will lose interest in them. My kids don't even know what they want this year for Christmas, other than a couple items, which makes it harder.

I'm in the same vote right down to the crappy dial up. I wish my son liked action figures. I guess I could get mine some more art supplies. Draws cars, but he has lots.....grrrrr.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Xmas Ideas.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas Ideas....   Xmas Ideas.... Icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2009, 2:59 pm

I think what I've decided and would be more fun for them, is to get them a couple of things for Christmas day to open, then give them money instead (something that I would have spent buying gifts for Christmas day) and take them shopping on Boxing day when things are on sale. This way they can get what they want and more things for cheaper. They like going out on Boxing day, even if it was just browsing the last couple of Boxing days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xmas Ideas.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas Ideas....   Xmas Ideas.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xmas Ideas....
Page 1 of 1