Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Favorite books ad why

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Favorite books ad why   Fri 20 Nov 2009, 8:55 pm

The last book i recently finished reading was my sisters keeper

I really enjoyed it. I was shocked at the ending. I know they made a movie out of it. I am not sure if it is out yet. Sometimes I don't watch the movie because I find that it chops up the story too much.. But I may just have to watch this movie


So, I am always interesting in book reviews. I tend to like true stories over fiction....

What have you been reading?

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Posts : 1250
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Fri 20 Nov 2009, 9:03 pm

The best book that I've read lately was Still Alice by Lisa Genova.

It's about a woman who is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. It follows her perspective as her memory begins to fail her.

_________________

We accept the love we think we deserve.
Back to top Go down
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

Posts : 1250
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Fri 20 Nov 2009, 9:05 pm

Mini wrote:
The last book i recently finished reading was my sisters keeper

I really enjoyed it. I was shocked at the ending. I know they made a movie out of it. I am not sure if it is out yet. Sometimes I don't watch the movie because I find that it chops up the story too much.. But I may just have to watch this movie


I've read the book and watched the movie. I thought they were both fantastic. I cried so much that the arm rest of the couch was still wet the next day. Sad

_________________

We accept the love we think we deserve.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Fri 20 Nov 2009, 9:35 pm

Boston wrote:
Mini wrote:
The last book i recently finished reading was my sisters keeper

I really enjoyed it. I was shocked at the ending. I know they made a movie out of it. I am not sure if it is out yet. Sometimes I don't watch the movie because I find that it chops up the story too much.. But I may just have to watch this movie


I've read the book and watched the movie. I thought they were both fantastic. I cried so much that the arm rest of the couch was still wet the next day. Sad

hmm i am going to have to go rent it now.......

thanks

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Posts : 4527
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Fri 20 Nov 2009, 11:00 pm

Ok, now I'm going to have to buy the book and watch the movie "My Sister's Keeper" when things slow down with the courses I'm taking. It was a movie I wanted to see but things got busy and I forgot about the movie.

Like you Mini, I prefer books based on true stories than fiction ones. I'm not into reading a lot of books, the last book I read based on a true story was "Shake Hands with the Devil".
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Sat 21 Nov 2009, 11:05 am

My all time favorite book is "The Executioners Song" by Norman Mailer.
Second favorite is "the Prince of Tides" by Pat Conroy.

BBE, what is Shake Hands with the Devil about?
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Posts : 4527
Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Sat 21 Nov 2009, 2:55 pm

sophie wrote:
My all time favorite book is "The Executioners Song" by Norman Mailer.
Second favorite is "the Prince of Tides" by Pat Conroy.

BBE, what is Shake Hands with the Devil about?

Shake Hands with the Devil is about the civil war that broke out in Rowanda in '94 between two African tribes. The Canadian army was sent in as Peace Keepers, but when a civil war broke out and the Canadian army was warning the U.N. about this, no one did anything until 100,000+ people were killed in about a month or two.
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin


Posts : 1798
Join date : 2009-10-19
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   Sat 21 Nov 2009, 2:56 pm

BBE, I am going to have to get that book......

Thanks so much for the review......

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Favorite books ad why   

Back to top Go down
 
Favorite books ad why
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Favorite Steam Game?
» madeleine book sales
» Favorite Movie Quotes...
» Book Club Please add any books that you have read here.
» Favorite Music

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: