Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

After all this dog has gone through!!!!!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: After all this dog has gone through!!!!!!!   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 8:31 am

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/9017911.html

Like many others I felt she should not have been returned to her owner. We try to do the best for our pet companions and allowing them to be locked up for almost two years while fighting for your own 'rights' is cruel and inhumane. She needed an owner who would not only invest the time to retrain her, she needed someone who would ensure that what put her there in the first place never happened again.

My heart goes out to another Celtic Pets victim and I pray that she is removed to a safer, more vigilant home, rather than face the same fate of the past ..........or worse.
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: After all this dog has gone through!!!!!!!   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 9:41 am

I remember this story. Very sad. I agree that this dog should have been placed in a home with responsible owners.
Back to top Go down
rottnmom
Warmed up
Warmed up
rottnmom

PostSubject: Re: After all this dog has gone through!!!!!!!   Thu 16 Sep 2010, 10:31 am

There were four 'reported' incidents, three of attacks on other dogs and one of running at large...before she received a muzzle order. While Brindi was under that order she 'got out' the patio door before a leash or muzzle was attached (opened the door herself??) and the next attack took place. I believe this attack was the only one that resulted in any sort of injury. That's when animal control stepped in and rather than issue a fine, the officer seized her and the powers that be issued a euthanization order. This was later reversed by the judge. From that time onward a court battle ($30,000) and confinement to the kennels continued for almost 2 years. Recommendations that Brindi be place with another more dedicated, responsible owner were thrown aside by FR, she was determined that no one was going to get her dog but her. After Brindi was deemed retrainable by an expert (a reputable one who offered to assist in working with them both) she was released to her owner in July of this year with the stipulation that should another such incident happen euthanasia would most likely be the next course of action.

How in the name of heaven can an owner be so bloody irresponsible (and arrogant) and expect people to support her??

I'm so angry about this, so many words come to mind to describe both the situation Brindi was again put in and the so called concerned, loving 'owner'. Two years in a cage at Celtic and two more in one at Animal Control........what animal deserves that?

This is likely Brindi's death sentence........and it should NEVER have happened.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After all this dog has gone through!!!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

After all this dog has gone through!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yorkie's Place :: Pets and Animals :: Dogs-
Jump to: