Yorkie's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?

Go down 
+4
Boston
Mini
yorkiemom
BigBrownEyes29
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?   Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 2:50 pm

Last week at the end of class, I was hanging around chatting with the dog trainer. We got to talking about what would happen to our pets if we were to ever leave this earth before them. One of her clients just re-did their will and left her dog to the dog trainer should something happen to her.

Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?
Back to top Go down
yorkiemom

Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?   Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 2:53 pm

No,as my yorkie is 15 and when she is gone I am most likely done
with having a dog own me for that very reason. I would trust no one
with her
Back to top Go down
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?   Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 6:49 pm

Yup and they will come with a trust fund for their care
Back to top Go down
https://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net
Boston
Warmed up
Warmed up
Boston

PostSubject: Re: Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?   Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 9:36 pm

Yes, he will go to my mother.
Back to top Go down
pooperscooper
Admin
Admin
pooperscooper

PostSubject: Re: Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?   Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 1:50 am

I used to worry about this and had/have them all listed in my will but things are always changing. I am like Yorkie in a way, I don't really trust other people with the care of some of my critters. No one else is interested in the burden of my horses so I feel it would be wrong to expect any of them to care for them. Some of them the breeders have a contract with me that they will buy them back but the ones I bred would likely be sold or put down although my favorite I feel would be retained but I could be wrong as he's a handful for anyone else but me. The dogs could go back to the breeder as again I have a contract stating so but my husband loves them also so that's a last resort. I know for sure he would not keep them all in show coat and do the grooming but I don't think he would part with them but it's nice for him to have the option of returning to the breeder if he must. I like to think the majority of my animals, if available, would be an asset to other breeders who would be pleased to have them should the situation demand a dispersal. Frankly I think whatever arrangements one makes after a person is dead you can only hope that your wishes are honored...not much you can do about it after the fact. Smile
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?   Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 8:24 am

I don't have anyone to take my animals, so they will probably end up in pug rescue (yes even violet lol) which is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Unhingedmom
Warmed up
Warmed up

PostSubject: Re: Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?   Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 9:06 am

Well, it would have to be something that would wipe out the whole family, but not the dogs (who, for the most part, go pretty much everywhere we go as a family anyway).

I have an arrangement with a friend that, should something happen to her, her dogs come here and should something happen to me, my husband and both kids, mine goe there. This would have to be ok'ed through the greyhound adoption first because I'm pretty sure that it's in the contract that the hounds would have to go back there.

Our spaniel would go to my sister-in-law's home. The original arrangement was for one dog and the kids, but now that the kids are older she only gets the dog, LOL.
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?   Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 11:22 am

I really don't have any plans for my pets. My senior cat due to health issues probably won't make it next year and this is one decision I don't want to make, after having to put his litter mate down earlier this year. The other 4 cats are semi-ferals, if my kids do not want them, no rescue will take them in and I couldn't burden family & friends to take them, then I would want them to be pts. As they are very destructive, no matter how much daily exercise they get. I can see people with the best of intentions getting extremely frustrated with them. My dog, will go to my youngest son if he is 16 years of age, who is a dog person. My oldest really isn't a dog person, loves the dog and will take her but I don't want him to feel like he has to. If neither want her, they have the name, email address and phone number of the breeder I got her from. The breeder will take her back, but I would like her to be with family she really knows as a first option. Which ever one of my kids decides to take the dog and the other the cats or both, they will have money set aside to for the care of the pets - food, vet care, for the dog her agility and rally lessons for her weekly socialization.
Back to top Go down
kbullet
kbullet

PostSubject: Re: Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?   Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010, 2:55 pm

I'm sure the hubby's dad would take all of the animals if he could.. I would probably have Tank go to his dad, but I don't know what I would do with my cats... I'd hate to separate them but I don't know anyone that would take on 3 cats. I don't have plans for anything at this point...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you?   Do you have arrangements on where or with who your pets will go to should something happen to you? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1