Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Drake- the herding dog

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mini
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Drake- the herding dog   Mon 13 Sep 2010, 1:21 am

I know I know.. but I swear he alwaya seems to amaze me....

Have you ever had an animal that just keeps pushing the limits and the thing about drake- he was never trainned for anything. It is pure instinct.... such an amazing dog......

So hubby came home from town.. and the cows were out- including the one I hate. Good thing it was him and not me. Cause I wouldve of just shot that damn cow sunshine...

But hubby didn't have to do anything except open the gate.. Drake herded them in.

LEt me take you back 2 days ago- in the pouring rain.. I was chasing one cow.. through our yard into the horse pen because dennis tightened the gate so tight I couldn't open the gate.. I shouldve of had drake with me.. but now I no he can do the work.. lol.. it probably would take him one min and not over an hour to get a stuborn cow in.

YOu have to understand. He was never a herd dog. Has never been trainned. Heck he lived at this place all by himself and was abused severely before we had the honor of taking him into our family.

Every day is a blessing with him- From working on 3 legs.. from chasing off predators.. from protecting kids- We haven't put one once of trainning into him.. all we put is love.. and he is like the dog ( knock on wood) that keeps on ticking.. Every day he shows us more love and just an amazing ability to be one of the best dogs. He is semi retired as he comes in at night and when we go to town and a little spoiled but he keeps giving so much.
Back to top Go down
http://kibblesandbits.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Drake- the herding dog   Mon 13 Sep 2010, 9:44 am

He's a Lucky dog to have you for his "family"
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: Drake- the herding dog   Mon 13 Sep 2010, 12:05 pm

jamn53 wrote:
He's a Lucky dog to have you for his "family"