Yorkie's Place

A place to relax, kick back and talk about all things positive and negative in life.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

speaking of Cesar.......

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: speaking of Cesar.......   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 8:49 pm

He just got his dog Junior "certified" as a service dog....

http://www.cesarsway.com/news/foundationnews/Junior-Becomes-Service-Dog

If you follow the link anyone can register any dog there is no training or evaluation...

Does Cesar even know what a service dog is?

I find this a little hooky and odd....

smoke3
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 9:20 pm

Shame on him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Fri 03 Sep 2010, 11:09 pm

I have watched Junior from when he was a puppy and believe me he is the sweetest, calmest, most stable dog I've ever seen, trained by the best "Daddy" What else would you want from a service dog?
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 8:06 am

Then he should train his dog and have him certified as a real service dog. Not some bogus registry where anyone can register any dog online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 8:17 am

Let me guess, you guys don't like Cesar :idea:
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 8:33 am

jamn53 wrote:

I like Cesar, I just don't understand the article?

It seems like he is not sure what a service dog is...
Back to top Go down
rotncorso
Settling in
Settling in

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 8:39 am

I dont agree with most of his methods and hate to see how badly people screw up their dogs by watching that show but this has nothing to do with liking him or not.
It looks like that page has been taken down now.
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 8:53 am

I would be upset reading that if I did have a real service dog.
It is certainly something very difficult to attain and service dogs help the blind, the autistic, the disabled and its certainly not something to make light of offering fake certificates to any dog who wants one.

Cesar needs to investigate these things a little more before he parades them around, with so many people who seem to blindly follow him he should be more careful and respectful.

JMPO

BTW violet is now a certified service dog LMAO
I just need to send in 50 bucks so I can get the actual paper certificate.

Shameful
Back to top Go down
BigBrownEyes29
Admin
Admin
BigBrownEyes29

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 10:48 am

jamn53 wrote:

He is handsome, and I am truly happy for you that you are attending his seminar, and am curious how found his seminar and things that you liked and would have liked to have seen or heard him talk about in his seminar. Smile I'm just more into the no hands on approach when it comes to dog training. Had you said you were a BP fan, I would have to have you committed. Seriously! LOL

It takes a lot of training for a dog to become a service dog. Not sure what area of service dog Cesar's dog is supposedly trained in. But I know for Search and Rescue, it takes a dog with strong nerves to be handle the amount of stress and training that these service dogs go through.

I have nothing against Cesar. His methods work for him, and he can handle those extremely hard to handle dogs (red zone dogs). What I don't like is some of his fans who mimic his methods, get seriously injured and in the end it's the dog that pays with his life. Or the breed as a whole pays when it is a dog of a particular breed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 12:08 pm

What does Registration mean?
Under the law it is not required that Service and Assistance Dog teams show or have identification in the form of a vest, special harness, training certificate or registration. Nor is it required that animals are officially trained, certified or registered with any state, federal or independent organization.

We hope to help reduce the number of people abusing the ADA by requiring our Registrants to understand that intentionally misrepresenting an animal as Service or Assistance Animal for any reason is not only unethical, it is also illegal and may be punishable by fines or imprisonment. All of our Registrants are required pass through our Educational Gateway and read and accept the following:
- What is involved with training and using a Service or Assistance Animal
- How important their behavior, and that of their Service or Assistance Dog, is to the general public and other Service and Assistance Animal teams
- The definition of a Service or Assistance Animal
- The Minimum Training Standards for a Service or Assistance Animal
- What is involved with a Public Access Test
- Our Terms and Conditions

Our Services and Mission
We are a independent, non-governmental, voluntary, privacy-conscious and secure Service and Assistance Dog Registry. We have been developed to help provide free self-identification — online and offline — for disabled individuals who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to use a Service or Assistance Dog.

We believe that Service and Assistance Dog teams have the right to a free self-identification service. Identification is especially important for disabled individuals who use a Service or Assistance Dog to help with invisible disabilities such as deafness, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis and other conditions that may not be immediately apparent to others. Identification can help minimize discrimination and reduce access issues while keeping disability information private.

We do not certify or authorize anyone to use a Service Animal — nor is certification required by law. The privilege to use a Service or Assistance Animal is granted, under the law, by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and local governments. Our focus is to provide a form of self-identification (the equivalent of providing a cape or vest for a dog) for those who qualify under the ADA to use a Service or Assistance Dog while helping encourage education, training and exemplary behavior.

Why should I register my Service Dog?
There are many reasons why you should register your Service Dog. While it isn’t required by law that your dog be registered or certified, registering with the United States Service Dog Registry has many valuable benefits.
Identification Registering with United States Service Dog Registry identifies you and your dog as service dog and handler eligible for protection under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Acceptance When traveling, proper documentation for your Service Dog can speed along check-in airport, airlines, hotels, restaurants, theaters, and other establishments.
Emergencies and Disasters In the case of a disaster, pets are not always admitted into shelters, but Service Dogs are. Registering here can help officially authenticate you and your dog.
Public Awareness Many people in the general public do not understand the ADA protection afforded to service animals or the many ways they assist. The United States Service Dog Registry offers a registration process and documentation materials which can be used to educate the public as you are out and about with your dog. The unique registration look-up feature is a simple way to provide others with an official third-party validation of you and your dog.
Inclusion The United States Service Dog Registry welcomes all Assistance Dogs and handlers regardless of certification levels, training methods or other affiliations. We provide free Service Dog registration, which is really the only fair way to make this service available to everyone.
Free

There is absolutely no charge to register with United States Service Dog Registry.Junior has been registered with The United States Service Dog Registry (USSDR) as a Service Dog in Training.

I know this is long but it might explain a lot.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 12:09 pm

mcpug wrote:
He just got his dog Junior "certified" as a service dog....

http://www.cesarsway.com/news/foundationnews/Junior-Becomes-Service-Dog

If you follow the link anyone can register any dog there is no training or evaluation...

Does Cesar even know what a service dog is?

I find this a little hooky and odd....

smoke3

Junior is registered as a service dog in training
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 12:20 pm

That is not what the article said, which has since been removed from the site.

The issue is that the registry is obviously a money grab and I don't think its appropriate for someone like Cesar to be advocating a scam.

I could register my guinea pig as a service dog and get a certificate for a sum of money, its a scam just like the continental kennel club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 3:48 pm

It's free to register, how can it be a money grab?
Back to top Go down
mcpug
Warmed up
Warmed up
mcpug

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   Sat 04 Sep 2010, 4:25 pm

jamn53 wrote:
It's free to register, how can it be a money grab?

Free to register, 50 bucks to get your certification mailed to you (the paper cesar was holding in the picture)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: speaking of Cesar.......   

Back to top Go down

speaking of Cesar.......
Page 1 of 1